Help CLC and MODern Housing are trying to screw me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

merciantoagc

Having woken up to a loud crash last saturday morning running downstairs and finding my ceiling caved in due to a flood i am quite concerned that after making a complaint today that carpets are still sodden with water and my house smells like a dirty brook i was greeted with a mini hitler at my MQ door this afternoon telling me that i am being billed for the damage!!! reason given theres no evidence of burst pipes or water leakage ive obviously flooded my own house. HELP

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not having a lot of luck are you?

Home and contents insurance?

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
And bed bound? Jumping out of bed and running downstairs must have hurt a bit?

Genuine question though, Are MPGS eligible for housing?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

yup

I think so. But he's not going to be MPGS for long. On a plus note when he get his own council place, there's one less child's bedroom he has to fork out for.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Where did the water come from?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Where did the water come from?

Well, it's like this.

The water in the oceans evaporates due to the sun. It condenses into clouds in the sky, which then float gently over land. The clouds release their water vapour as droplets. We call this 'rain'. The rain falls onto the land, and follows streams and rivers to big ponds, called 'reservoirs'. Water is pumped out, cleaned and made safe, and then pumped to houses and businesses. Waste water comes from the houses and businesses and is cleaned, and pumped into rivers. These empty into the sea, and it all starts over again!

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Well, it's like this.

The water in the oceans evaporates due to the sun. It condenses into clouds in the sky, which then float gently over land. The clouds release their water vapour as droplets. We call this 'rain'. The rain falls onto the land, and follows streams and rivers to big ponds, called 'reservoirs'. Water is pumped out, cleaned and made safe, and then pumped to houses and businesses. Waste water comes from the houses and businesses and is cleaned, and pumped into rivers. These empty into the sea, and it all starts over again!

Cheers. My BA(Hons) is in Geography inter alia. I'm especially interested in how it came through the ceiling.

So, underneath the bathroom then?

Well it's like this, gravity.................

M

merciantoagc

This is the thing the water is not from a recogniseable source .I.E. burst pipe so apparently ive flooded my own house!!!

This is the thing the water is not from a recogniseable source .I.E. burst pipe so apparently ive flooded my own house!!!

Well crack on then, you don't need our help.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well, it's like this.

OK smarty-pants, where did the water in the ocean come from in the first place? ;). :p

More likely something dried out, rather than burst. But I'm sure that OP can figure that one out.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads