Help Anyone??

I am looking for help in finding an information sheet, this extremely witty and tongue in cheek sheet was normally addressed to wives and family members of soldiers ,returning from tours in out of the way places such as Kuching, Terendak and especially downtown Koktalat, surely there must be survivors of 16 and 18 commonwealth brigade out there who might have a copy,also survivors of 54 or 59 field sqns ,but that is less likely the only sapper that could read in KT was Lew Rex, thanks in advance pickles

I am looking for help in finding an information sheet, this extremely witty and tongue in cheek sheet was normally addressed to wives and family members of soldiers ,returning from tours in out of the way places such as Kuching, Terendak and especially downtown Koktalat, surely there must be survivors of 16 and 18 commonwealth brigade out there who might have a copy,also survivors of 54 or 59 field sqns ,but that is less likely the only sapper that could read in KT was Lew Rex, thanks in advance pickles
28 Commonwealth Bde was the one based in Terendak and I would hardly call that an out of the way place.

Remember something similar regarding relatives returning from Aden,wandering around local streets wearing towel and flip flops to get morning paper etc.

28 Commonwealth Bde was the one based in Terendak and I would hardly call that an out of the way place.
16 and 18 field ambulance were were part of 28 commonwealth bde before 1965,terendak was to malacca what middlewallop was to andover

terendak was to malacca what middlewallop was to andover
A genuine question.
I never served in the UK, so do not understand your analogy.
If you could explain, I would be grateful.

I have never heard of a 16th or 18th Commonwealth Bde, as per your original post.

Last edited:
the full unit titles were 16 and 18th commonwealth field ambulance made made up of australian and RAMC personnel,detachments of which played important roles in all major conflcts in malaya,borneo and thailand,after 1966 the australian sections moved on to serve in the vietnam conflict ,malacca was a typical garrison town,just like andover or tidworth

the full unit titles were 16 and 18th commonwealth field ambulance made made up of australian and RAMC personnel,detachments of which played important roles in all major conflcts in malaya,borneo and thailand,after 1966 the australian sections moved on to serve in the vietnam conflict ,malacca was a typical garrison town,just like andover or tidworth
OK I understand now.
I do know that aside from the troops in Terendak, there were other Brit units scattered around Malacca. Just what and where they were I have no idea.
When I was there at 19,20 years old, my world was a rather narrow one, mainly consisted of visiting the numerous bars and houses of ill repute.

OK I understand now.
I do know that aside from the troops in Terendak, there were other Brit units scattered around Malacca. Just what and where they were I have no idea.
When I was there at 19,20 years old, my world was a rather narrow one, mainly consisted of visiting the numerous bars and houses of ill repute.
Didnt we all;)