Help an American

Hey fellas new guy from across the pond. I've worked with some UK army types in the states at Fort Polk for JRTC and inIraq back in 08. I have a question regarding y'all's kit. I am interested in switching to a webbing type setup like you guys wear. My question is where to start? Also is Marauder a good brand of kit. Sorry for the lack of an into, I didn't see any thread requiring it.

[Settles in for the fun to start]

Toad watching Sports.jpg
Popcorn bucket.jpg

Funbaby

Old-Salt
A few years back, I put together a reasonable facsimile of a PLCE setup from Condor brand pouches placed on a molle battle belt with a yolk for about 120 bucks.

I have never worn it in public.

Last edited:
A few years back, I put together a reasonable facsimile of a PLCS setup from Condor brand pouches placed on a molle battle belt with a yolk for about 120 bucks.

I have never worn it in public.
Being that it's condor gear... I wouldn't have either. I'm interested in the concept. Switched to the National Guard as a WSL so no one really hassles me about it. I might as well givethe concept a shot.

The Rolls Royce of webbing though make sure you get the large pack as well, its far superior to any other backpack and as its name says 'large'.

The Rolls Royce of webbing though make sure you get the large pack as well, its far superior to any other backpack and as its name says 'large'.
I have a set of that and a set of DPM Plce hanging up in the man cave.
It can go to America for the cheap sum of a 1000 of our good English pounds.

Jesus Lord Almighty you are a sarcastic lot...I thought the US Army was bad about it. Lol. Allow me to refine my question then. If I wanted to get into using a webbing belt type setup and don't want to waste money on bullshit cheap airsoft gear, where do I start looking. What brands? What sorts of harnesses and belts work best? What sort of price point do I need to be looking at? And What the actual **** is a PLCE? basically I wanna get the load of my chest and around my waist. Where do I start?

Jesus Lord Almighty you are a sarcastic lot...I thought the US Army was bad about it. Lol. Allow me to refine my question then. If I wanted to get into using a webbing belt type setup and don't want to waste money on bullshit cheap airsoft gear, where do I start looking. What brands? What sorts of harnesses and belts work best? What sort of price point do I need to be looking at? And What the actual **** is a PLCE? basically I wanna get the load of my chest and around my waist. Where do I start?
PLCE.
Personal Load Carrying Equipment.
It's belt order webbing but you can get a variety of Bergans as well. Not a bad bit of kit tbh.
Google is you're friend. Older sets are in Olive Green, the newer stuff is DPM.

Jayjay’s
Dixie’s corner
Troopers of Colchester
Dragon supplies
Odin Tactical
britIsh Tactical
Kit monster
Contact left
FRV tailoring
There are a few big shops some niche shops and some really small shops all worth looking through
Kitpest review site may help

Or dig around various manufacturers and cobble together something that suits you. Go see a parachute rigger to help you and build your own. Going to cost you a bit but you get what you want.

Condor and 5.11 may have one or two items you can use and look around for other stuff, yokes, belts and the like. If you're not wearing a plate carrier, some old SA chest webbing might help. Bateleur battle jackets on Ebay perhaps.

Last edited:
I'm a light Infantry Weapons Squad Leader. I will for sure be in Armor. Thanks for the insights and I hope I can put it to good use. Thanks for the azimuth. I need to carry 6 M4 magazines, 2 canteens or a camelbac, 2 radios and an IFAK. So I want to move that load off my chest and distribute it around my body.

I'm a light Infantry Weapons Squad Leader. I will for sure be in Armor. Thanks for the insights and I hope I can put it to good use. Thanks for the azimuth. I need to carry 6 M4 magazines, 2 canteens or a camelbac, 2 radios and an IFAK. So I want to move that load off my chest and distribute it around my body.
Dragon Supplies
In all honesty, give these guys a shout. They'll make a set of PLCE from scratch, to your specification.
They tailored a daysack for me earlier in the year and I've only heard good things about them. They're also still working in teh current climate.

Boxy

GCM
This guy is worth looking at... Kennedy Nylon

as an added bonus he’s on your side of the pond

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
You can buy all sorts of bits and bob's on uk Ebay, but if you have money to burn:

1908 2nd Pattern Webbing Set by GSE

PLCE is in MTP these days which is pretty close to OCP/multicam.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Thankfully the British army Surmounts this problem, by using either a Donkey, or ones Batman
An officer never perspires

Latest Threads