Help & Advice for a Recruit about to go on TSC Alpha

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Wayfarer, Nov 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of help and advice really. I've recently been attested into the TA and issued all my kit, Bergan, Webbing, Helmet, Thermals, Waterproofs, Basha, Respirator, Sleeping Bag, Bivi & Compression sack, Mess tins, Ear Guards, Field dressing, Bungie Cord etc.

I have a billion questions, I don't know where to start:

I have a separate Yoke with male and female connectors and an extra pair of straps, these are separate to my webbing. Not sure what this is for?

Utility pouch on my webbing, what should be kept inside it?

Extras, so far I've purchased, upon recommendation: Twisters, Extra Bungie Cords, Tent Pegs and a Flashlight with a red filter, went for a Gerber Tactical. I'm going to pick up a couple other things such as a leatherman and a first aid kit. Anything else you can think of?

Lastly, I'm not really sure how much kit I actually need to take on my first weekend, which is not the weekend coming but the following weekend. The amount of stuff I've been given seems insane to try and take it all?

I am hoping really to pack as lightly as possible, I've done a month around Thailand and a month around Cali in the past carrying only a 30 litre rucksack, so the idea of the huge Bergan is already alien to me.

Bare in mind I am completely green when it comes to the military and this is my first time in so go easy on me if I've been asking stupid questions!

Thanks in advance.
  2. ask your psi,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  3. Do what your told, carry what your told. Don't gob off, be the grey man and it pays to be a winner.

And when in doubt ask your PSI.
  4. Thanks, article is informative, what I was looking for.