Help a Para?

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Bad CO, Mar 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Following our success in helping Nigel Hounslow, the squaddie who beat up a hoodie, there has been a suggestion that we should set up another fund to help the chap being discussed in this thread. We'd like to do that but will need some contact details for the chap/his solictor to make sure it would be welcome. We're also keen to find out whether or not anyone else is running an appeal - Para Regt Regimental Association, etc. Anyone with any details can you please PM me.

Thanks

2. I think a HM Forces wide charity fun type BBQ/Disco/Hanger Party with all the money collected locally by the Messes and unit admin officers sending off the funds to a central MoD Imprest would be the bets idea. A central commitee of a few Padres, a few finance type officers and a a couple of retired SNCO and few boys from the Legion could form a commitee at short notice. This poor chap has been fleeced and I would be the first to contribute and send over a wee cheque to England. Lets show him and the rest of the UK that we never ever forget our own. I am sure that one of the decent tabloids or a GMTV type program would be an opportune platform to use a launch for this.

3. I've PMd THESUNJOCK asking if he can help out with contacting the family. I'm definitely up for sending some financial support to Jonathan.

4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Have you spoken to the Airborne Forces Security Fund?
    01206 541748

5. PM sent

6. wait out for 1800. somthing in pipe line :wink:

7. Don't forget to donate!