Help a new recruit please!

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Quox, Feb 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello Lads / Ladies!

Im a new TA recruit (yes yes... set me on fire...) and Im wondering if anyone can point me to a "New recruits handbook" or something because most of the stuff I am fed at drill nights confuses the crap out of me!

Things such as acronyms, procedures, who to call Sir, who to salute, who to ass kiss... etc! Ill be very grateful!

Thanks!

Quox

2. Well it is similar to forgetting a wifes birthday, you forget it once, they ensure you do not forget again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Great! Thanks for all the replies!!

4. If you're doing that marching thing, you start off with the left foot, followed by the right, then you move the left one again, then back to the right. You keep this up until someone with a loud voice tell you otherwise. You always go in a forward direction except for a few occasions when you go backwards, such as "hin openn odure..reeeat driss". In this case if you're in the rear rank you'll be going backwards on the first order and if you're in the front rank you'll use reverse when instructed to do so with the command " eeenn cloose ordure,.. reeeat driss".
    oh and if you ever chat up a burd and find out her surname is the same as the RSM's do not assume it's a coincidence otherwise you might regret it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Isn't that what your instructors are for?

Just taking a wild STAB in the dark here.