• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Helos or the lack thereof.

This is my effort to start a serious thread on a subject close to our hearts. Within the limits of OPSEC can we get to the bottom of the burning question: Where are the helos we need?

duffdike said:
This is my effort to start a serious thread on a subject close to our hearts. Within the limits of OPSEC can we get to the bottom of the burning question: Where are the helos we need?
I would suggest the majority can be split up into the following categories:

In-Theatre (be it Afghanistan or other ops)
Used for Training/flying currency
Maintenance
Used for development/trials

There might be some odds and end sin other locations but i reckon the bulk are covered by these groups.

S_R

duffdike said:
Well my question "where are the helos" means why haven't we got more?
- Helicopters are complicated and expensive.
- Complex and expensive things make civil servants' brains hurt.
- The civil servants have to go and lie down.
- When they wake up, they've forgotten all about the helicopters and spunk all their money on office chairs and plasma televisions.

Latest Threads