Helo down in London

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
must AQ time to send the troops to deal with islamic extremism, I have proof that there are training camps in lanzarotte (may as well send the troops somewhere nice for a change and its not far to ascension)

Sky News says the new American embassy site is there. Interesting that they want to build so close to the Battersea Heliport. How would they prevent similar accidents, or even deliberate suicide attacks, on the site? Air defence weapons wouldn't have time to identify and fire?

The_Duke

LE
It was the Somalis. There are tyres burning all across London and thousands of them have been spotted making their way to the crash site from the slums of the White City estate in West London.

Sky News says the new American embassy site is there. Interesting that they want to build so close to the Battersea Heliport. How would they prevent similar accidents, or even deliberate suicide attacks, on the site? Air defence weapons wouldn't have time to identify and fire?
Why shoot down a helo heading to the US embassey ? Shooting it down will only cause it to crash on English civvies .... ?

F

fozzy

must AQ time to send the troops to deal with islamic extremism, I have proof that there are training camps in lanzarotte (may as well send the troops somewhere nice for a change and its not far to ascension)
Nope - read it three times, still doesn't make sense. Please send keymat or use English.

The cause looks like fog as the top of the crane was obscured. Eye-witnesses report that the 'copter was too banking "oddly" and was too low anyway. I suppose we're lucky St George's Tower wasn't hit.

Two confirmed dead, two injured.

The wisdom of building high-rise developments right by a heliport (St George's Wharf is being developed, adjacently) is debatable, especially in a foggy city like the capital.

Latest Threads