Helmets that are allowed on tour?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Fluffy_Wibble, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quick question to clarify... Is it the case that the only helmet allowed to Herrick is the Mk6A and the Mk6/Para have been banned and are being phased out of use?

Thanks

2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

There was a massive thread over in the Infantry forums about this

3. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I'm reliably informed that the only Lid allowed is what's issued to you on deployment.

4. I think it was last year that a Coroner gave MOD serious stick because a soldier had been killed while wearing his own helmet. MOD were told they had a Duty to ensure that troops wore the latest issue etc etc.

5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

6. Awesome... Thanks for that. Having a discussion about it this morning and we weren't sure.

Just waiting to exchange my 6 for the 6A. fun, fun, fun in the sun...

7. Or you could wear an oversize one and look a twat!

Attached Files:

8. I understand Mk7 is on issue for Infantry at least on Herrick.

9. I am very, very, reliably informed that RTMC are issuing MK6A at the moment

10. On second thoughts... I want what browns got... Ally as fcuk!

11. That’s him ready to fly by the seat of his pants :wink:

12. He doesn't need the helmet for that, JD

13. Just going by what the MOD press release said and the further discussion on here. I think it was mainly for forward units, particularly INF.

14. The Mk 7 is on issue in theatre . It arrived a few months ago.

I went from a medium Mk6a and had to get a large Mk 7 to get a decent fit. :?

15. I don’t doubt you mate, I am sure that they will have MK7 for those IR’s that our lords and masters think require them.

The bottom line is if the OP is in a unit he will get the correct issue through his QM, if he is an IR RTMC will sort him.

Edited to add, once he gets their, it’s his choice and on his own head be it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.