Helmet Mk 6 Straps, are they removable?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by cloaked_enigma, Oct 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey fellas, sorry for the inane question but i'm wondering if helmet straps can be removed and swapped around. The Reason i ask is i obtained a Mk6 helmet but the strap that came with it is some kind of para version without the chinstrap, or maybe it's the same strap done up differently? If someone could clear it up for me that'd be great thanks!
  2. Yes of course they are, just unjiggle the ends and "unthread" them. Only the three anchor points are actually fixed to the helmet it self.
  3. Mk6? That's so last year. Mk 7 way ahead. It's what ALL the cool kids are wearing.

I'm guessing you aren't serving and not in some time.
  4. Are you sure that it's not actually the para lid?
  5. Ask the storeman?
  6. I smell Walt :plotting:
  7. Thanks for clearing that up IndiaDel, just what i needed to know. Yes it's defo a Mk6, reason i know is i couldn't see anything wearing it lying prone. Actually i'm a TA raw recruit, and had major problems with my med.size issue so i sourced a smaller one in stores that the storeman insisted he didn't have. No matter, now i know i can just make the swap without much dicking around with straps.
  8. Even the para helmet has a chin strap. They may be superhuman, but no so much so that their helmets just magically stay on without doing them up.