helmet graffiti

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by puzzledgrunt, Nov 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This features quite prominently in Michael Herr's Dispatches, but the best example I've encountered was stencilled on the back of an RAAF Iroqois pilot's helmet in Vietnam-it read;

Anyone got something better?
  2. The best one I've seen recently was by a Lynx Door Gunner 'Armed and Fabulous'. Nothing riveting but amused me.
  3. msr

msr LE

4. Jesus Christ! You are brainwashed.
  5. I'll graffiti my helmet and report back later!
  6. Are there any rules which govern this sort of thing?

As in, has someone taken the time to lay down regulations stating that the graffiti must be no more than 5"x5" on the helmet, and no naughty words etc.?

Just interested.
  7. You'll need a very tiny nib to graffiti your helmet. :)
  8. You wouldn't want me trying to cram it in your crimper
  9. Oliver Reid had some graffiti on his helmet.
  10. BAOR 1972 we had red stars covered by tape in case it all went horribly wrong :omfg:
  11. He's right you know.

You'd die of either hunger or boredom whilst he furiously rubbed it for hours trying to create any semblance of tumescence.
  12. I also had "niet shootski comradski" on mine.....until my Sgt had a sense of humour failure.
  13. all my elastic is coloured in with black pen after my mate covered it in drawings of knobs!!!!
  14. I got 12 extras from the RSM for having graffiti on my helmet, 3 months of weekend guards was not fun.
  15. Some fcuking chopper (that'll be a younger me) thought it would be reeely funny to write "Defend your right to keep and bear howitzers"on my bergan. Oh how my boss laughed as I doubled round the airfield with said full item above my head. Happy days...