helmet cameras

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by cab_4188, Jan 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im trying to find the best wireless helmet cam, ive seen one but it looks a bit bulky just wondering if anyone had any advice or had one and could tell me what its like
  2. I found it okay but mrs 4-8 said it was a bit uncomfortable – but we did get some good footage :D
  3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Who told you it was good :?
  4. This looks quite slimline, rugged and made for 'extreme sports'.

Wireless Camera
  5. The wireless cams available in shops/online are usually pretty crap quality.

What is it for? On exercise/ops, extreme sport, cars?

You are better going for a wired type helmet camera unless it is essential for it to be wireless.

These boys have been useful to me and there equipment is top notch.

Great link name too...
  6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

For various technical reasons, wireless has insufficient band width or range to be of any use unless low quality is what you are after. You'd be much better off with a 4gb memory stick of some kind and transferring it later. Or are you not trying to beam live pictures but rather copy over recorded images later? In which case just plug the fcking thing in.

I tried streaming wirelessly my PC video files to the TV via a media centre. Effectively a waste of time, so I'm now cabled up (via the sky box too (so I can record etc and get most of the features of sky+ without the 10gbp pcm)).

Job's a good un.
  7. This was taken from the cam on my helmet when I penetrated a sleeping female elephant

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

You're a good man to have in a tight spot MDN...