Helmet Camera- whos used one?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by scorched_earth, Sep 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thinking of getting a helmet camera- but I would appreciate any ideas and recommendations from those with experience with them, as to on which to go for- pros and cons blah blah. Many thanks, and good morning! :D

2. Be careful, anything you film can be used in evidence against you!!

3. Thats why I act professionally and uphold the impeccable standards of the British Army!! ;)

4. Go Pro Hero Wide is the best budget one at the moment but it can be a bit hungry on batteries - it recommends lithium AAAs which aren't the cheapest. They are bringing out an HD one soon which may be worth waiting for.

5. I was thinking more along the lines of a bullet camera, i.e. the cylindrical ones.

6. Black nasty an old skool camcorder to ya battle bowler mate.. :D

7. I used to use a helmet cam but the missus complained it used to make her sore

8. Ha! Hmmm yyyeeeessssss....... I do remember seeing a bod a few years back who had done exactly that- black nastied a camcorder to his shwaad, sounds like a sore neck coming on with that idea! Thanks but Ill pass on that.....

9. Photos?

10. well make sure your mates do too, else you'll end up getting a kicking when they're on the front page of the sun watching 2 afghan men partake in sexual acts!

my friend took one to Afghan, but soon left it in his bergen. He had far too much to do to mess around trying to use it, and ended up getting hacked off at people who were more interested in their helmet cams than the job in hand.

11. I recommend the ARCHOS Helmet cam, Ive got one for use when snowboarding, comes with a head strap as well, you can stop and start without needing to touch the DVR player.

[​IMG]

Both come as separate items