Helmands changing of the guard

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by h_8204, Apr 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Army’s 12 Mechanised Brigade has officially taken control of British military operations in Helmand Province, southern Afghanistan.

12 Mechanised Brigade replace Royal Marines from 3 Commando Brigade who have now completed their six month tour. At a short ceremony at Lashkar Gah Base, Royal Marines commander, Brigadier Jerry Thomas, formally handed over responsibility to the Army’s Brigadier John Lorimer.

For the past two weeks the troops of 12 Mechanised Brigade have been replacing their counterparts in 3 Commando Brigade.

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/MilitaryOperations/HelmandschangingOfTheGuard.htm

2. Good Luck to 12 Mech, come home safe.

and very well done You Booties

3. Seconded

4. I do congratulate the Parachute Regiment and Royal Marines Battlegroups who have served there so far but why do I get the feeling that the media are going to find this less sexy now a 'normal' Brigade has taken the job on just in time for the summer campaigning season?

5. Agreed.

6. Well done indeed,

Good luck to 12 as well.

7. I echo that very loudly as my husband is part of 12th Mech hope they all come home safe and well.
    The guys now leaving have had a tough job and I hope they get a good long period before another op tour

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Agreed.

And chin up Grad we're all behind you.

9. I'm pressuming 52 Inf BGE take 12 after their tour. Can't remember if it's 40 or 42 commando that will be attached.

10. Echo that.

11. Aye well done the Cdo Bde. Hope all at 12 Mech are back safe, My boy is deployed with the Highland Gunners. If he reads this keep safe son and see you when you get home safe.
    DAD

12. What about the Fire Brigade?

13. On strike probably!!

14. Congratulations on a job well done, Cdo Bde

Good luck and Godspeed 12 Mech.
    Come Home safe.

Brigadier Lorimer, Good Luck Sir.

15. Good luck for Him, Dad