Helmand

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by jack-daniels, Dec 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. done...
    just ordered two - one for my dad and one for my brother.
    Fantastic book, was actually recommended it on another thread about a journalist.

2. You can get it from Amazon for a few quid cheaper here

Anyone have a review?

3. Got this as a Chrimbo pressie to myself.

There is no text as such apart from the intro & preface. It is filled with photos of stunning quality, the portraits of the blokes are the best imho, although some of the 'still life' type stuff is equally as good. I don't know whether it is the natural light of ganners but phots of heli's & WMIK's at Bastion have a surreal look to them. Excellent work from the fella behind the lens, some of them look painted instead of photos.

4. I haven't seen the book yet as it came cellophane wrapped and I gave them away as presents. Can't wait to go over to my bros and see the book.
    I've got a picture of the photographer as he was arriving at the Bastion Hospital, he just missed our casualties going into A&E from the MERT. I told him he could have the pictures that I took but he didn't want them! He was a really nice bloke.

5. Some of his photo's were in the Times magazine in Apr/May time I'm going to look this up thanks JD.