Helly Hanson Boxer Shorts or Cycling Shorts?

#1
I'm start training May 9th and have no previous millitary experience. We were told that cycling shorts are good to wear on exercise as they stop chaffing thighs etc. I bought a couple of pairs of HH boxershorts thinking they would be similar but the texture of them is quite rough and the stitching sticks out a bit. My questions are:

Does anyone have any experience of these and if so are they any good at preventing chaffing etc?

If they are s*it they can anyone suggest a good pair of cycling shorts at a reasonable price?

Would appreciate any info so thanks in advance.

BrizzleO
 
#2
I don't know about hh pants but i where under armour pants and there good
 
#3
BrizzleO said:
I'm start training May 9th and have no previous millitary experience. We were told that cycling shorts are good to wear on exercise as they stop chaffing thighs etc. I bought a couple of pairs of HH boxershorts thinking they would be similar but the texture of them is quite rough and the stitching sticks out a bit. My questions are:

Does anyone have any experience of these and if so are they any good at preventing chaffing etc?

If they are s*it they can anyone suggest a good pair of cycling shorts at a reasonable price?

Would appreciate any info so thanks in advance.

BrizzleO
Neither of the above I suspect. Proper cycling pants will have padded seats to reduce chafing agin the saddle - you are probably looking for compression shorts (knee length, Lycra/Spandex) as worn by rugby players. Cotton Traders do them at a decent price at the right time of the year.

Although I have run in them/similar items, I have no experience of them as underwear substitutes - I always found a well-fitting pair of cotton briefs perfectly comfortable.

I'd be very cautious about wearing artificial fibres next to the skin for prolonged periods in unhygienic, sweaty conditions, but I am told they are good for reducing friction on one-off events such as speed marches.
 
#4
I use HH boxer shorts for all my training, OPs and exercises and find them brilliant, they are more comfortable than the issue ones and have the same antibacterial properties. I have worn them for 8 weeks in Belize without any problems.

I am an Infantry Captain, so not sitting at desk, quite yet!!

Hope this helps.
 
#9
Resembling the penguin aka batman, i found i had to slice off the extra material as it was touching my ankles :x
 
#10
thecoops said:
I don't know about hh pants but i where under armour pants and there good
I have worn both HH, and Under Armour, (not at the same time), and found Under Armour to be better, but there are pricey approx £15 a pair.
 
#11
tiger stacker said:
Resembling the penguin aka batman, i found i had to slice off the extra material as it was touching my ankles :x
Ah - those movie star looks again.

[align=center]All is vanity and vexation of spirit.
Ecclesiastes i. 14[/align]
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TWAM_Man Weapons, Equipment & Rations 5
BadManners Classified Ads 1
E Weapons, Equipment & Rations 12

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top