Helly-Hansen Lifa Vests

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by error_unknown, Jan 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody know of a good relatively cheap source of HH Lifa vests, preferably the green type? Silvermans are charging £25 a throw which seems rather excessive...
  2. Sad to say, but that seems to be the average price for them...

All i can suggest is that you try a US site, as the exchange rate etc is very good at the moment...
  3. Feck me! Chunter, chunter... looking at the sad and pathetic specimen which fell apart this morning as I was getting dressed for my run, I don't think I paid more than a tenner for it, though admittedly that was in 1992...
  4. If your in Rourmond, the HH shop in the Designer Outlet Centre does 'em for €20. I know, not much use if your stuck in UK.....
  5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Sounds quite cheap for a Life vest. :lol:
  6. ANyone tried these new fangled lifa tops ? the shiny ones, I have two old ones that are wool and covered in little bobbles through over use.

Are these any cop compared to the olden's ? Should I invest in replacing mine ??
  7. The new ones are good, and are a bit smaller. I got a shed load from the outlet place in Bicester a couple of youars ago for less than a tenner a pop.
  8. MacCarther Glen Outlet Junct 36 M4 Bridgend. HH Shop £9.99 for long sleeve plain Blue.
  9. There is a McArthur Glen next to Ashford station in Kent as well :)
  10. I can see them being good for running but are they as good for the field ??
  11. They are great in the field. I used the old ones in Norway with smock over the top and was toasty. I got my new ones for a trip to canada and did the same good down to -30 eith a HH Goretex jacket over the top.