Hellrunner 2008!

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by flowers, Aug 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies and Gentleman of the athletic variety I need some input from you!

With the dazzling success of the London 10k, I have been thinking about another possible 'fun run' type thing to do, and have come up with.......*drumroll please*.................. Hellrunner!

I am aiming to do the Northern Hellrunner (Hell Up North) in April next year.

For those who have never heard of it, it's a very wet, muddy, boggy run round t'country :-D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are some bogs, some 'hills' and some very good fun to be had! It's got fab reviews on runnersworld, plus I believe you get a wee goody bag for afters.

It would be fab to have a good arrse turnout again! Would anyone else be up for this?

http://www.hellrunner.co.uk/north.cfm

2. I'll go if entrant number 614 is there to "sort me out" after the run ;)

3. Tempting dependant on whether me or Mrs Big Red get into the London Marathon or not. Didn't see any dates on the website(mind you it is late!)

*Bump*

4. Big red... It was while since you posted your query, Nevertheless The latest is that Hellrunner will be made into a series, with probably a few more races due to the fact it's getting more popular. Hopefully with one still in Delamere Forest (Northern hellrunner).

I did last April's Northern run and it was a top day. Although the weather was warm the bogs were still v wet and there was lots of mud elsewhere (fell / Trail shoes recommended).

Some of the old school fell runners say it's to commercial... "What ever". It's a great couple of hours running based on continental races (rather than uk fell running were 20 year old ron hills, beard and real ale are obligatory). It's a Really well run event. But bear in mind (As you are aware I think... There are no PB's to be had here.

I enjoyed it that much I did the Davos Alpine Marathon to see how the continentals do it. Hellrunner is on a par.

Any old how... Just keep an eye out for full details early next year

See you there!!!!

5. Oh... and the totty is top as well smudge