Discussion in 'RLC' started by Clungenudger, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone! I am new to the site and new to the RLC. Gots to my unit without to much trouble and am getting on really well with everyone here.
    Hope you are all well and staying safe.

I have one question and that is how long should i be waiting to get my lance jack and full screw cos I reckon i am better than some of the lads at my unit. I got best at PT (BPFA time of 8:34 - was sick after tho :) )and best shot in phase1 (not allowed on ranges at the moment due to injury I got on leave) will this help me get on?

like I say Hello everyone and hope to meet some of you soon

Clungenudger (name my Cpl called me in Basics!)

PS if my mates recognisee me from the name ARRRRRROOOOOOGA
  2. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

3. Well with a response like that, you should have it within 2 weeks

4. I'm just nipping to the shop for popcorn and more beer, this could get entertaining!!!!
  5. This guy sounds like a 02 tag waiting to happen, please though for lords sake tell me your not posted to a transport regiment in Hants.
  6. Don't let him be a chef either, with an atttude like that, it won't be long before he has an "accident" with a deep fat fryer.
  7. And the winner of the How to make new friends & influence people award 2009 is . . .

Wow you can shoot the best out of your recruit course, that means you're the top of a pile of shit mate! As for running a PFT in that time, well done & when we start running into battle in shorts, a t-shirt & trainers I am sure you'll be the first your section commander calls on.

I'm not saying they're not good achievements, but get a bit of perspective in that probably all your new unit shoot better than you simply because they have more practice under their belt. Why kill yaself doing a PFT when ya not gonna get anything more for coming in at 8.34 than you are at 10.30?

Whilst your entusiasm is commendable, Didn't anybody in recruit course explain to you that the best thing to do in the army is try to be "the grey man?" How you'll "get on" in this phase of your army career is by keeping ya mouth shut, working hard & respecting the knowledge of your peers. Not coming on here slagging your peers off & claiming you're "better" than them.

I hope for your sake sunshine that none of your unit read this thread!
  8. hello and welcome to seseme street and todays word is TWAT and the number 9
  9. something has just occured to me( is this just a wind up just like the cadet that thought he was better than a regular soldier)
  10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Gosh! You're quick, aren't you?
  12. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Wah alert on. Enough said.
  13. well well, if all this is true and not a wah, Im willing to promote you now!!

Your old rank "Nob Thrap"
    Your New rank "Cheese D*ck"

14. can i asume that the effort in basic was't worth it then? As for all the abuse - thanks! No wonder the younger lads like me winge about the way we are treated. i think the majority of people in here are probably past over and a bit jealous when they see someone young and keen doing well. my cpl in basic said that there wouls be people out there who will try and drag me down. I came on the site looking for a bit of advice and got a buse. I supose life goes on. I will probably talk to my RMCO about how to get a promotion and do well.

No I am not in hants!

JB thanks for the message! how is it going at your place? I saw steve and that full screw here and they said heklo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.