hello, new to country, want to join army

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by edi1988, Jan 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello all. i am new to britain and have been here for only 1 year. i am from commonwealth country and would very much like to join british army. is this possible for me. i am 19 and student on visa at moment.
  2. my friends from college say to get advice from here.
  3. pardon sir?
  4. If your from the commonwealth i think you can join the Army no problems i may be wrong but I'm sure someone will point that out if i am :)

I hope all go's well for you mate, what corp, regiment are you planning on going to?
  5. thankyou. i am studying to be nurse and would like to do this in the army.
  6. but i am not citizen of the uk?
  7. That is OK. Commonwealth folk are welcome (and needed) in the UK Armed Forces.
  8. but i need to get citizenship first?
  9. Not to my knowledge. Call into any Army Recruiting Office and they will give you the details.
  10. i wish to find out about the army first without official enquiry
  11. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

12. i am doing common foundation programme in london and have complete nearly a year
  13. i am soon to complete cfp and then wish to study for degree in adult nursing but could i do this in the army sir?
  14. are you homosexual sir? this is not permitted in my homeland and would mean prison lol. but no i am a girl. i have phot but it is not a good one and if i post people will mock lol.
  15. i have also lookes at link so thank you for the advice. i will ask for the brochure.