Hello, and is it worth it if ...

I appreciate all the feedback, despite being told "don't talk to the cnuts on ARRSE" by mates in the RAF I'm glad I sought out your real world advise, you have been much less cunty than I was told to expect. Cheers,
Now I'm really puzzled: you've got mates in Crab Air and rather than ask them about the RAF, (which they're serving in) you bypass them and ask an army based site instead.

Admit it, you want to join the RN really don't you?

Now I'm really puzzled: you've got mates in Crab Air and rather than ask them about the RAF, (which they're serving in) you bypass them and ask an army based site instead.

I talked to them and decided to speak to multiple sources. I don’t fancy the navy uniform, the bell bottoms would make me look my age.

Doesn't wanting to join the RAF automatically disbar one from doing so?
If not, it bloody well should do.

Last edited:
Doesn't wanting to join the RAF automatically disharmony one from doing so?
If not, it bloody well should do.
I was in the ATC for many years when I younger I learned a lot and it was a laugh. our HQ was opposite an Army Cadet detachment (who were a bunch of twonks and always scooped up the twats I threw of the door), one time this happened literally and then they made him a sargeant because he’d lied to his new CO and said he was a SNCO with us. Then he cried like a btich when I confronted him with the truth when they were on parade. Even their banter was shit.

Well good luck to you but like so many whom have had to face the "time that has come and gone", I wouldn't get your hopes up.

• Be aged 16 – 47 years old (Must attest before 48th birthday)

Fresh guidelines direct from the RAF website which have been revised, it's now a usual 5 minimum year minimum residency.

You must be a citizen of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, holder of dual UK/other nationality.
Whether or not you were born in the United Kingdom, you should have resided there for the 5 years immediately preceding your application. However, candidates with a minimum of 3 years will be considered.
Following the Home Office announcement that the UK Armed Forces will now be able to recruit commonwealth citizens without the 5 year residency requirement, please note that the RAF continues to apply standard residency requirements for security clearance, ie, DV employment requires 7-years UK residency immediately prior to enlistment; SC requires 3-years.
Oh, oh, oh, I’m 47. If I join now, do I have to give up my army pension?

I was in the ATC for many years when I younger I learned a lot and it was a laugh. our HQ was opposite an Army Cadet detachment (who were a bunch of twonks and always scooped up the twats I threw of the door), one time this happened literally and then they made him a sargeant because he’d lied to his new CO and said he was a SNCO with us. Then he cried like a btich when I confronted him with the truth when they were on parade. Even their banter was shit.
Billy Jack with text 2.JPG

If you discovered that you had mates in the RAF , would you speak to them?