Hello, and is it worth it if ...

Arrse interview fail at 1st.

Go for it anyway, it'll be a laugh when you turn up flailing in 7 years time blaming us.
haha! "oh not I didn't listen and its your fault! Got a job, giz a job?" kinda thing? That might be fore your time though.

Last edited:
I mentioned enough in previous responses.
You are obtuse and obfuscating. You have said you are an exceptional trainer however you have not clarified in what. In all seriousness, and with all due respect, you appear to have high expectations and an unrealistic view of what you can provide. The other thing is - medically, how is your eyesight, hearing, heart etc.....

I wish you well however, I fear the odds are against you sir.

I’m in exceptional shape for my age, I don’t see mental and physical fitness being a problem for me. I’d likely return to what I’m doing with the additional experience from having served my country, and feel better about it.
If you've been lurking for as long as you say you have, you should know the rules by now.

Join the RAAF they keep you till age 65.

Oh and Defence Jobs don’t really care too much about personnel management.
I meant training which I repeated elsewhere but its part of the s
You are obtuse and obfuscating. You have said you are an exceptional trainer however you have not clarified in what. In all seriousness, and with all due respect, you appear to have high expectations and an unrealistic view of what you can provide. The other thing is - medically, how is your eyesight, hearing, heart etc.....

I wish you well however, I fear the odds are against you sir.
I did mention those things albeit not in much depth, after all who wants their entire lives on a public forum. Medically and physically as I've also stated previously I'm in excellent health for my age. But I've also been in the US for nine not quite ten years and so I'm also probably in better shape than guys here in their 20's and 30's.

My expectations are that it is going to be very hard for me to prove my worth and that I might just get laughed out of the office, I do need to be confident that I can do the job though. I was looking for advice hoping that is not a complete waste of time though.

You do realise your probably earning more on civvie street at the moment than you will IF you potentially enlist?

Why would you want to?

Retirement is getting nearer and listening to my uncles and aunties all the time planning how they intend to spend their "golden years" after not having to work,

You do realise your probably earning more on civvie street at the moment than you will IF you potentially enlist?

Why would you want to?

Retirement is getting nearer and listening to my uncles and aunties all the time planning how they intend to spend their "golden years" after not having to work,
Why wouldn’t I? Because I failed to take the opportunity years ago when the recruiting officer failed to tell me that I could be in the RAF AND go to uni. So because I can say that I did is the best response I have to that question.

I’ve worked with veterans in the US for most of my time here, I’ll like to provide that service to my own country if I can.

Why wouldn’t I? Because I failed to take the opportunity years ago when the recruiting officer failed to tell me that I could be in the RAF AND go to uni. So because I can say that I did is the best response I have to that question.

I’ve worked with veterans in the US for most of my time here, I’ll like to provide that service to my own country if I can.
Well good luck to you but like so many whom have had to face the "time that has come and gone", I wouldn't get your hopes up.

• Be aged 16 – 47 years old (Must attest before 48th birthday)

Fresh guidelines direct from the RAF website which have been revised, it's now a usual 5 minimum year minimum residency.

You must be a citizen of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, holder of dual UK/other nationality.
Whether or not you were born in the United Kingdom, you should have resided there for the 5 years immediately preceding your application. However, candidates with a minimum of 3 years will be considered.
Following the Home Office announcement that the UK Armed Forces will now be able to recruit commonwealth citizens without the 5 year residency requirement, please note that the RAF continues to apply standard residency requirements for security clearance, ie, DV employment requires 7-years UK residency immediately prior to enlistment; SC requires 3-years.

The recruiting officer failed to tell you? So It would appear you hadn't researched that much so maybe you failed to impress then an you weren't considered suitable. Even I remember as a kiddy going to Navy Days and looking at recruiting leaflets (dad was RN) and reading about being paid to take a degree and doing three years service and I am a tiny bit older than you. If I knew that as a ten year old, and I am being genuine here, I really really suggest you re-evaluate your expectations and consider a different outlet for your desire to carry out some form of service.

I recall them being very impressed and not understanding why I wanted to join the RAF Regiment. You clearly did your research, and were surely an asset to your branch of service. I, like many others, was a ******** kid who didn’t.

I suspect this to be one of the many wind ups.

Ok for your experience in training, complete this "it's not training if it's not r******".

You know they do, how could you forget.
View attachment 378888
Hold on ... is that airman trying to do the floss? That dance is SO 2010. Maybe that's what they do in the Thursday night gay mixers in the Officers Mess but the rest of the world has moved on. :rolleyes::omfg:o_O

I have two interviews with the prison service lined, but only as a stop gap to enlistment though. There are other Civil Service jobs I'm confident I could do too.

EDIT= I have been working in wilderness education for ten years, largely with kids, veterans, and people with dealing with trauma. I am however tired of the US and would like to continue this work in the UK so I can at least offer something to people from my own country.

I applied to join the RAF in 2000. I was accepted into university at the same time and chose to do my degree (recruiter failed to make it clear that the RAF would put me through it).

I then applied for another civil service job (for which I did not have the experience) and went overseas to work for a while to gain said experience.

Then I got lost on my way home and have regretted it ever since, I only recently discovered that the RAF had upped their age limit and decided its now or absolutely never.
Wilderness education? This might suit you better, comes with a flash uniform and peaked cap

parkie.jpg

Over his head, Sluggintons. Try setting up a suitable choon for him instead.

Something with violins might do. He might even like a slowed down version of 633 Squadron or the Damn Buskers?
I'll wait to see if he comes back with a different username and asks the same question in the hope that someone gives him the answer he wants to hear.