Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Hello, and is it worth it if ...

mrMajika

Swinger
Hello,

I'm new here and have some likely common questions, I would however appreciate your feedback.

I'm a Brit aged 42 about to return to the UK after living in the US for ten years.

I understand I'm still within the age range to join the RAF.

I know I'd have to be resident in the UK for three years before I can join.

I have a degree and a lot of valuable experience, I'm looking at the Personnel Training Role (Officer).

Question:

Is the RAF (honestly) likely to be interested in a 45 year old. I'm in part returning solely to commit to this purpose and it is obviously a big move for anyone. Constructive feedback only please.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm new here and have some likely common questions, I would however appreciate your feedback.

I'm a Brit aged 42 about to return to the UK after living in the US for ten years.

I'm have a degree and a lot of valuable experience, I'm looking at the Personnel Training Role (Officer).

Question:

Is the RAF (honestly) likely to be interested in a 45 year old. I'm in part returning solely to commit to this purpose and it is obviously a big move for anyone. Constructive feedback only please.
You`ll have more luck here.... E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums

Hello,

I'm have a degree and a lot of valuable experience, I'm looking at the Personnel Training Role (Officer).

Question:

If you're a Doctor, yes, other wise you've shit out sunshine

Do you think you'd pass security vetting?

Your applying for a commission remember and you'd need at least DV level

You haven't been here over a decade

"I'm a Brit aged 42 about to return to the UK after living in the US for ten years. "
The top age limit is age 47, [except Doctors] you are 42, add five years residency, and you're to old already,
if you were taken at the 3 year residency [some times allowed ] after adding training time on
you would still be to old, hope this helps