Hell march - Finnish Defence Forces

karhea

Clanker
A non-official hell march video on FDF. The title refers erroneously to Army, but there are clips on all branches.

It is probably worth noting that the original material is copyright FDF, mostly from short promotion videos. AFAIK, no combat footage from international ops is present, so mostly conscript training with a smattering of Air Force and Navy professional soldiers in training.

In the current climate, I'm surprised that no-one has yet suggested that this is a video of the Finnish Immigration Service preparing for new 'clients' . . .
;o)

I believe "hell March" refers to the music the video is set to which is from the computer game Red Alert 2.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Was in Finland about 2 years ago, was quite impressed by the turn out of the conscripts (male and female) who seem to wear uniform at all times.

LmH

Old-Salt
I believe "hell March" refers to the music the video is set to which is from the computer game Red Alert 2.
That's right, the story was an alternative post-WW2 world with a super high tech Soviet Union against super high tech Allies. The Hell March theme plays in the opening sequence which shows the Russian invasion of America.

karhea

Clanker
Thanks for enlightening me on Hell March. Too busy training people for the next war, no time for computer games!

Thanks for enlightening me on Hell March. Too busy training people for the next war, no time for computer games!
Ooh_Matron Gen rating required.
Is it Half Term in the UK/Finland?

ACAB

LE
Prefer this version:

karhea

Clanker
Ooh_Matron Gen rating required.
Is it Half Term in the UK/Finland?
Sorry @Pitswamper , witty tank low on content. If you meant if I really train people the answer is yes - and there is nothing exciting about it. You see, plenty of Finns do. Roughly 3,5% of Finnish wartime strength is regular, the rest is reserve. Therefore, courses and exercises run all the time to maintain the skills learned during the 6-12 mo of mandatory service. It is generally socially acceptable to chat about one's military training between relative strangers, workplaces routinely miss people taking part in exs etc.

Govt upped estimstes about freeloaders to 50000 this year. If this keeps up the guns might be inward protecting the politicians... Not hyperbole as this is getting to be a major urine take.

Sorry @Pitswamper , witty tank low on content. If you meant if I really train people the answer is yes - and there is nothing exciting about it. You see, plenty of Finns do. Roughly 3,5% of Finnish wartime strength is regular, the rest is reserve. Therefore, courses and exercises run all the time to maintain the skills learned during the 6-12 mo of mandatory service. It is generally socially acceptable to chat about one's military training between relative strangers, workplaces routinely miss people taking part in exs etc.
Fantastic. Bore on about it at work then.
Rather than posting Finnish Defence Forces fanboi vids with shît soundtracks on here. You massive emätin.

That's right, the story was an alternative post-WW2 world with a super high tech Soviet Union against super high tech Allies. The Hell March theme plays in the opening sequence which shows the Russian invasion of America.
Didn't the Finns kick the Russians out in WW2, or something?

karhea

Clanker
Yeah, we came a good second. There were rather few capitals in Europe which were never occupied in WW2, Helsinki among them. For a number of reasons the Soviet attack never fully succeeded, and post war heavy pressure never was enough to turn Finland into a satellite. More recently Finland seems to be positioned solidly into the opposing bloc by Moscow. Veterans are still very highly respected, and the "defensive victory" is part of the national canon.

Latest Threads