Helicopters over the City of London

I work in the City, and am quite used to seeing Apache Helicopters flying low (training presumably?) or the occasional Chinook.

However today I am certain I saw a flight of 4 what looked like Hinds flying low over the city, painted in a grey/sky blue colour, not the usual Apache olive drab.

Am I going crazy?

I work in the City, and am quite used to seeing Apache Helicopters flying low (training presumably?) or the occasional Chinook.

However today I am certain I saw a flight of 4 what looked like Hinds flying low over the city, painted in a grey/sky blue colour, not the usual Apache olive drab.

Am I going crazy?
Take a pic next time

Am I going crazy?
No you are not. They are returning East after a display at Fairford over the weekend. Slovak Air Force, IIRC

No you are not. They are returning East after a display at Fairford over the weekend. Slovak Air Force, IIRC
I think they were Czech. the Slovakian's didn't have any Hind's there, either flying or static from the RIAT website.

I think they were Czech. the Slovakian's didn't have any Hind's there, either flying or static from the RIAT website.

Same country-sort of! Thanks for the correction. One of the Spitfires was in Czechoslovakian wartime colours, as an acknowledgement to the Czech pilots who flew for the RAF in the Battle of Britain.

I'm on leave today so missed them :( I often see Chinooks etc overhead and can now recognize them by their sound (and my colleagues already think I'm mad)

I'm on leave today so missed them :( I often see Chinooks etc overhead and can now recognize them by their sound (and my colleagues already think I'm mad)
You think you're mad? I can recognize most by their sound because I've spent a while getting ferried around by them (apart from Wessex and Merlin) and my missus thinks I'm frickin bonkers when I go in the garden to try and get eyes on.

She may have a point though...

:(
Was too slow. The office all think I am a sad bastard rushing to the window every time the BBMF flyover or somesuch.....

I did wonder if I needed to head for the basement.
You think you're mad? I can recognize most by their sound because I've spent a while getting ferried around by them (apart from Wessex and Merlin) and my missus thinks I'm frickin bonkers when I go in the garden to try and get eyes on.

No, that's neither sad nor bonkers. That's ingrained.
Sad is when walking the dogs and one flies over you ID it but automatically stand under cover with face down when it overflies.
Ahem, or so I hear. :(

T

Tinman74

Wessex you old mad man!

Wessex you old mad man!
Pissoff! I'm not that old, although it is my birthday today and I forgot all about it myself!

Plus it's Salamanca day tomorrow so expect to get even less sense out of me than usual for a couple of days... :drunken:

Looks like I'm in for an ACAB Friday nighter. :razz:

Pissoff! I'm not that old, although it is my birthday today and I forgot all about it myself!

Plus it's Salamanca day tomorrow so expect to get even less sense out of me than usual for a couple of days... :drunken:

Looks like I'm in for an ACAB Friday nighter. :razz:
What sort of regiment celebrates and devotes a day to a lizard? You're pencilled in for the next round of cuts.

What sort of regiment celebrates and devotes a day to a lizard? You're pencilled in for the next round of cuts.
What on earth are you doing posting, you've only just got wed, you should be shagging yourself silly for the next 6 months at least before it all goes tits up!