Helicopters over Birmingham

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by suits_U, Aug 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I was at work today and heard the familiar sound of a gazelle flying around.
    Me being the nosey sort I am looked up and noticed it hovering, it changed position a few times but generally wasnt doing much. It was there for about 20 minutes to half an hour and returned on 3 or 4 seperate occasions.
    Weve got a military wing at selly oak hospital so its not completley unusual to see military choppers flying about.
    I also saw a Lynx doing the same as above a while ago.
    So, does anyone know for what reason this is done, are they training? If so why the middle of Birmingham?
    Cheers.

2. Because it looks like Baghdad?

3. Pfft. Baghdad is something we aspire to.

4. This was my first thought, it probably bears many resemblences :)

5. Might have been 6 Flt having a look around one of their more urban(e) :) operating areas!

6. Could you elaborate more?
    I have no knowledge of the inner workings of the AAC and am generally a nosey cnut :)

7. Every Tuesday morning a chinook used to land on the playing fields outside my halls of residence next to the QE hospital. Always wondered why. Fecking noisy gits.

8. Blimy. Didn't notice this.......... We must be under scrutiny!!!!!!!!!

9. I was in Brum yesterday and this pigeon fly over me....It must of been there for what seemed an hour and low and behold 20 more arrived.....10 minutes later it was joined by 40 more....Can anybody tell me what they were doing!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Probably looking for a way out mate.

I hope you were decontaminated after you left