Helicopter ID Please

Morning All,
Any aircraft activity around here(think rockinghorse shit) gets my interest, but never seen owt like this, nor the unusual flight pattern, height and non-military location( but definately an issue).
Just managed to get these two photos before it buggered off.
Anybody recognise it? Cheers.
Here is video of Rudra

cheers

It could be one of these:

The one you posted looks very like the hull-form of the Jet Ranger, but those only having two-bladed main rotors rules that one out - the piccies show the one photographed as having a four-bladed setup.

As the Kiowa is the military version of the Jet Ranger, has a four-bladed main rotor setup, and has a very similar rear-end configuration to the one photographed, it's either a Kiowa or the HAL type shown above in Raven2008's post.
Depending on location though, the HAL might be a bit more unlikely.
also I said it is. Rudra, design which is similar and kinda derived from the Dhruv
nope defo not Kiowa ...

1) Look at 4 x blade tail rotor position

2) also airframe too big

3) there’s no MMS

4) it’s defo a Rudra

look at the cannon and tail stabilisers

cheers

D1755F69-3FA5-4B03-98DB-54CCD1F7FC6E.jpeg

TamH70

MIA
also I said it is. Rudra, design which is similar and kinda derived from the Dhruv
nope defo not Kiowa ...

1) Look at 4 x blade tail rotor position

2) also airframe too big

3) there’s no MMS

4) it’s defo a Rudra

look at the cannon and tail stabilisers

cheers

View attachment 451374
Yep, you may be right. That thing at the front of the airframe does look like a cannon. Good spot.

bedended

War Hero
nope its the Indian HAL Rudra

cheers
Morning @Raven2008,
"Excellent!", (C.M.Burns walt:rolleyes:).
Diolch very big. As per my op, any aircraft heard gets my ears up and this was deffo a 1st, for me and the locals I spoke to who saw it. Especially the circumstances described.
Looked at your link. This one had what looked like four rocket tubes, two set apart either side of fuselage above(?) the skids, which I don't see on the pic's., in your link. Easily modified I suppose.
Cheers again.

bedended

War Hero
It could be one of these:

The one you posted looks very like the hull-form of the Jet Ranger, but those only having two-bladed main rotors rules that one out - the piccies show the one photographed as having a four-bladed setup.

As the Kiowa is the military version of the Jet Ranger, has a four-bladed main rotor setup, and has a very similar rear-end configuration to the one photographed, it's either a Kiowa or the HAL type shown above in Raven2008's post.
Depending on location though, the HAL might be a bit more unlikely.
Morning @TamH70,
Should have clarified, location is in India. Cheers for your reply though.

Latest Threads