Helicopter Handling Instructor

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Jun 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just had a quick look on the web and the RAF seem to run 11 x 5 day a year. I thought this course was 2 weeks long, I was also under the impression you could go with no previous quals (both my Rigger Marshaller and Landing Point Comander expired years ago).

Also how long does the qual last for? I presume the easiest way of remaining valid would be to work with a unit such as 4 Para.

thanks

2. Don't we have any airmobile element in the TA anymore or does nobody know the answers

3. I think you'll have to re-take your LPC and RM!

4. LAIT I read your comment about''appalling standard of FAC training''Would you please explain this comment?PM if needs be.

5. Oh yes please do explain. What makes UKSF have an appaling standard of FAC training? All UK Fac's are trained in the same US accredited school. Even UKSF. Would be suprised if they cut away from there forgetting everything they are taught

6. msr

msr LE

Probably not a requirement for UK Ops, but hey ho, stick your name forward, you never know.

mr

7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

HHI and FAC are entirely unrelated.

Polar, you used to be able to go straight to JATEU and do HHI from scratch, minumum rank Sgt/Offr (less AAC and some JHSU Cpls).

This changed to the requirement to hold current RM and LPC quals prior to attendance. RM and LPC require refreshing by an HHI annually. HHI require annual open book tests for refresher by an HHI (s) or at JATEU, with the course qual expiring after 5 years requiring a full recourse.

The courses always used to be fully booked, and with the requirement on Ops now I doubt it has changed much.

Nice to have, hard to get on the course, hard to keep current in. I would suggest you worry about it as part of PDT - f the task requires it, you will get a high priority course bid.

8. AFAIK, we have only sent a staffy from 6 Regt for the HHI qual so far.

As for currency, it's actually easier for us to get access to Apaches than Lynx, but the SAR Sea King at Wattisham is still acceptable for maintaining currency.

Now if we only had that det at Dishforth... :oops:

FP