Helicopter advert withdrawn for showing attack on mosque

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Agent_Smith, Oct 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Doh!!! Who came up with this beauty :roll:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/06/wosprey06.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/10/06/ixworld.html

2. Just digitally 'paint' over the dome and you have any building on a Middle Eastern street corner. Can't argue with that as there is a lot of US activity in the area so it prtrays a real view of hoe the Osprey would be deployed. No need for a mosque, but I like the attitude of the advert.

3. If thats the case, why dont they just 'move' the osprey 20 yds to the right and show the troops landing in the street rather than storming a mosque? In todays cclimate, this was bound to cause offence, and i suspect that the author KNEW this!

And yes, the advert is top notch apart from that blaring mistake :D

4. I hope some one got fired for that!

5. At least by entering from the roof is saves them having to take of their boots like they would have to do they went in the front door. :):)

6. That aircraft would be ideal to deploy my pigs.......

7. I can't see a problem to be honest.

8. Fair one! I mean, with all those power/telephone lines in the way, the only safe place to deploy 'em was in the grounds of the mosque. I'm sure Allah wouldn't mind...

9. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Bet a lot more people have seen this advert than if it had just been a street drop!

10. Exactly!

Perhaps a cynical marketing exercise??? :D

11. Looks good to me, really can't see what's the problem? are we saying that the terrorist doesn't use mosque's for:

Command and control centres
    Weapons hides
    Safe havens for planning and rehersals
    Staging RV during foreign fighter insertion
    etc,etc,etc,etc..................................................................

[​IMG]

12. Forgot to mention that the photo above is taken outside....... a mosque

13. I bet it's hot in those balaclavas and the two blokes forward are going to get the right arrse when the bloke at the back with the RPG NDs.

Not yet Abdul! Stay Calm!

14. ....And the backblast will probably fry the three cnuts in the rear?

15. Can't see a problem. Mosques are routinely used by insurgents. Both Germans and we used church spires for FOOs in WW2. That's life, that's war. The 'sensitivity' is being exploited by professional islamist protesters, and/or western liberal hand wringers. Get over it. Everyone gets tret the same, egh.