Heli Expo 2012 Dallas - photos

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Raven2008, Mar 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Snowy drive to LHR and only to find Dallas wasn't so much warmer a few weeks back so again here the fruits of ma labour :)

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Nice and all, but did Debbie do you?

3. Ta dude.

I like the Hind, did ya sit in it, did ya? I've always wanted to have a cabby in one and I've never even seen one in the flesh.

4. There is something about the Hind that gets attention....must be all the Rambo movies. :)

5. Naw 'tis was too cold so Debbie stayed inside :(

6. should do that over here then ;)

On a more serious note, any of the subjects of my lens, could be suitable candidates for the summer of sport in London? ? :)

7. I knew about them before Rambo mate.

Whilst I like them I think the reality is that I would be saddened by a "Geeky" encounter with one. Unless they have changed dramatically whilst they are pretty bulletproof and look sheksy they cannot do a static hover, produce more black smoke than a badly operating Mack truck and are slow to respond to manouvere commands. I had all the open source pics and tech specs I could get my grubby mitts onto back in the 80's together with a mate from the slime I was drawing up plans to build a huge scale model along the lines of the miltra models.

8. Funny looking pigs , more like Bambi`s family coping it on thr youtube vid.

9. anorak.jpeg

:)

10. they have a Hind, D Model, I think at Duxford, although you can't get in it, you can get up close and personal, quite a machine

11. If you are a helicopter buff, why is your avatar a Robinson?

12. Nowt wrong with Robinson`s , more skill involved flying one than some of the big stuff but still a lot of fun.

13. becasue I fly the Robbo 44 Raven II as well as other types