Heineken Cup final

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Murphy_Slaw, May 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Congrats to Leinster. 3 cups in 4 years with essentialy the same squad arguably make them the best European club of all time.
    As a neutral it was a great game to watch.
    Will BOD now be beatified by the Pope as he has practicaly achieved everything else!
  2. Great game to watch, Ulster had quite a few opportunities that they didnt take. Leinster really came into their own in the last quarter. Bring on the Ospreys :)
  3. Stupid question, so I've tacked it onto this thread.Who, or what, are BT Vision who seem to have grabbed the rubgy TV rights from Sky as well as the H Cup if it survives.And if the BT in question are the telephone company how are we supposed to watch it?
  4. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

BT vision is a cable TV service, Buy service from BT, get sent box and cables, basically contect box to telephone line, contect box to TV. Watch rugby. (if you've bought that part of the deal)

So it's like when it's on Sky, if you don't buy their service, you don't watch it.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I wouldn't count on the ERC rights straying from Sky. RFU were depending on the French to back their hard line over the future of the tournament, which they haven't done.

It's difficult to discuss it without getting into a pissing contest over national policy. I think the RFU/FFR have a point concerning the effective auto qualification of Italian & Scottish sides but then if it's supposed to be a European competition you really need to ensure that there's different countries represented. Personally I'd like to see a bye given to sides, or a side from A.N. Other nation, Georgia springs to mind, some decent teams there. But it's really not a popular notion.
  6. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The problem is that some teams do well in cups and not in league in any given year, Edinburgh last season, crap in league, not bad in HC.
    IIRC It's the Irish teams that seem to won most, ( just loked it up, 6 E nglish, 6 Irish and 5 Frence winners so far) And if you take Toulouse out of it, not much from France.

I know the talk is about auto qualification of italian or Scots, but why Welsh, it's never been a strong competition for them.