Height restriction

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by slstripper, May 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there a height limit for joining the Army.

Can people with dwarfism join or only those who lack the ability to kick their own heads?

2. No. Who do you think polishes the hubcaps on 4 tonners?

3. hahaha!! one of the funniest things i have ever seen is wee man from jackass kicking himself in the head....fooking genius!

4. I was having this almost exact conversation with someone last week...how bizarre!

I knew we were being watched!

5. It doesn't hurt to turn up at the recruiting office and try. I mean if you are turned down you can always get them under equal opportunities for being heightist! :p

6. How would you carry a bergen? They are as tall as some people with dwarfism...

Or is this line of questioning merely a journalist researching for an article?

7. There was an AGC lad in my old unit who was 4' 11" and 3/4. The 3/4 was VERY important to him. This was about 5 years ago in Mahon Rd.

8. R** P**t, by any chance?

He was a Lcpl with our unit on Telic in 03, VERY touchy about his height. We used to call him 'Baby Soldier', which went down rather well. :D

9. The same man - we tried to get him involved in dwarf throwing (we had another lad who was about 5'4" who was game) but he wasn't interested. We had crash mats from the gym and everything!!

R** if you are this - no hard feelings :D