Heidekaserne Celle - Revisited 2008

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Laddie, Jul 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I bought a new digital camera. Being as Mrs. L wouldn't get her kit off to let me test the picture quality, I visited the old 14SR Barracks and took a few snaps. If anyone wants the originals PM me, they are about 1,4MB big.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Get that fcuking fountain off my parade square"
    [​IMG]

Main Block from behind, the garages have gone
    [​IMG]

Looking across the Sqaure towards Block 21
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Somebody dumped a statue on the running track
    [​IMG]

2 Sqn (and I think 3 Sqn) HQ
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

WRVS Building. Bacon bread rolls at NAAFI break.
    [​IMG]

Cannot remember what was here, it is to the right of the WRVS.
    [​IMG]

Some Garages have survived
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the stores were in this building between the main block and building 21
    [​IMG]

This road led to the Sgt's mess, in the background the roof of the officers mess can be seen, which is now a popular pub/disco with a beer garden.
    [​IMG]

About where the white windows now are was once the main entrance to the camp
    [​IMG]

Where RHQ once stood
    [​IMG]

Where the tennis courts once were
    [​IMG]

2. Ah yes they bring back memories, sad to see my place of work (RHQ) is now dust and grass. Dont suppose you came across a pink vampire...happy days, was there 86 - 88.

3. Great pics ,brought back some fond memories was there from 86-90 (2 Sqn N troop and then 3 Sqn ).

4. 94 locating RA were in there when i was at 14, we were in ironside barracks scheuen, what a shit hole that was - fortunately got posted up to 1 Sqn at Langy

5. Happy memories - was there from 83 - 86 and saw the end of the sh*thole at Scheuen, and the move to Heidekaserne.

I did go back to look again in 2005, hardly recognised the place, just the main building!

6. Great photos of the old place, nice one.

7. Shame to see RHQ has gone - thought it may have been a listed building.
    Seeing the photo's of block 14 brought back memories of CO's pt - running up one set of stairs, down the next, and so on, wonderful for the knees :!:

8. Very happy memories of 14.
    Was at both Celle and Traz. (91 through 95) Probably the best bunch of lads I ever had the pleasure of working with. Enjoyed Celle, nice little town and good quarters (if you were up at the music patch). Enjoyed the job to, little med centre above the naafi. It was a twat if you had any kind of injury as you had to hobble up stairs ! But on the whole the memories of the place were good ones…..

9. I recall one time when i had to go to the medcen above the naafi, it was the morning after the night before i had caught me knob in my sleeping bag zip, ( i cheated whilst doing 28 days detention at her majestys pleasure, use to kip on the floor so i didnt have to prep all my 1157 every morning) it was fookin murder to get up those stairs trying to not let me cock touch the inside of my pants. Others found it amusing though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I don't remember that particular incident. But there were a number of similar ones over the course of the years.....

Trust me you were not alone.....

11. Brings back memories. I was at Wesendorf, Scheuen and Celle (among other places) between 76 and 89, J Tp, O Tp and Sqms. I can remember a pink vampire. Must say they were a great bunch to work with.

12. Jailed in the summer 1990, during the world cup which was a pisser.

13. One of the photos of the garages was of N troop garages. I think the first one.
    Was with N troop from 1984 to 88 but based mainly at Wesendorf
    loved it there great shift system 24 on 48 off and footie every weekend.
    Miss the schnellies. :cry:

14. i was at the Dorf from 86 onwards until we moved back down to Celle !

15. The N Troop Garages have gone, which (in '87) were to the left of 2 Sqn HQ, opposite the french gardens, the ones on the Photos are on the other side of the camp; to the right of the main block, if looking from the square.

I was also on N Troop from May to Dec '87.