hedgehog under shed

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by flynavy, Nov 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. from a previous post i am soon to vacate my married quarter, but under my shed which i will be removing and throwing in a skip, lives a hedgehog and his family.

what is the best way to relocate the hedgehog, i dont want to leave him out in the upcoming cold without a suitable home.
  2. Won't they be hibernating? Murderer!
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Well, if the 1990s documentary programme 'Bottom' has taught us anything, it's that hedgehogs love chocolate covered Hob Nobs.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Turn them into flavoured crisps and sell them to your mates...........
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Rspca?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 1. Dig a large pit in the garden
    2.Demolish shed into burnsize bits of wood
    3.Use the clay out of the pit to wrap around the tastie little critters
    4.light large fire with shed wood in the pit and roast for 1hr 30 mins.

The spikes will come of in the clay and the guts just shrivel up inside leaving you with a very tasty sunday lunch....
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Take them with you, then in the spring you'll be able to BBQ their eggs in your new shed.

Or move them to a new nest, somewhere warm, dry and protected from the weather. Don't forget your gloves.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. They will have either begun hibernating or be about to so disturbing them now is really not ideal, even though it's mild at the moment it's unlikely they will be able to relocate successfully. Advice from the Tigglewinkle lot or your local wildlife rescue is definitely your best bet, avoid RSCPA. And yes, cat or dog food is by far the best sustenance for the dear little critters, not milk and bread as commonly thought which is detrimental. I hope you manage to sort it out for them.
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Don't tell Trooper he'll have two anyway, one under each shed.
    • Like Like x 5
  10. My my, such flagrant disregard for the shed...what with hedgehogs living under it and it to be demolished and thrown into a common skip! What is the world coming to? Anyway, the answer to the aforementioned problem is simple. Simply throw a thunderflash under the shed and let it works its magic. It will soon have them scarpering to the garden next door.
  11. Christ on a bike, nature does just fine without human intervention, just do your thing and they'll do theirs.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. When i was a boy scout they used to show us how to cook them.
    As i recall they are very tasty and nothing like chicken either.
  13. Do you have to take down the shed?