Heckler and Koch .22 conversion

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by msr, Nov 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Does anyone know if/when there will be a .22 conversion kit for the A2 released?

I ask, because my unit is about to receive the A2 and, being unable to retain 4 A1s with their conversion kit, it looks like we will be unable to use our indoor range until the new conversion kit is released.

Or is there another solution (beyond using Sqn funds to purchase a couple of air-rifles?

msr

2. You might want to have a quick scan of this thread.

Basically you need to source some .22 rifles. There is bags of support for .22 shooting from the RFCAs, ACF, ARA, and all those in the COC who value the ability to hit a target with something that does not have a GPS based terminal guidance system. The dark side is well represented by the many folks who will (mis)quote HSE regulations that they have never seen let alone read and parts of the G4 chain that will tell you that you can't have ammunition.

May the force be with you.

3. How do you get the rounds for the H&K then?

4. The easiest way is to approach your local acf unit and borrow some of their L98A1 Gp Rifles.....

but make sure you use the A1 cocking handle.....and not that huge thing that comes with it....

As for ammunition.they should have plenty and most will be willing to help you out.......

If in 15 Brigade may be able to help you out PM me

5. Could I also suggest looking at CCF contingents? My town has three of them, two (including mine) in state schools, but the third has its own 22 range. I would have thought any contingent would welcome a chance to liaise with/cooperate with/build better relationships with any of Those Who Wear The Green For Real. I know mine would. Most also have No 8 rifles - we have four.