Heavy Snow - MET Office Advice

#1
Link to MET Office Advice

Check on vulnerable neighbours
So lets get this straight...You're elderly, living alone since the love of your life popped their clogs, it's snowing...bad and your isolated from everyone.

You're sat in your armchair watching This Morning when there's a knock at the door. You get up grab your walking stick and hobble to the front door. On opening the door you are greeted by Praetorian or other like minded perv who says 'I've just come round to check you're OK, shall I come in for a cuppa'.

I tell you, with people like that I can sleep soundly knowing our trusty coffin dodgers are being looked after!
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#4
Here is the predictions

Regional risk assessment for the following areas:
- East Midlands(70%)
- East of England(70%)
- London & SE England(70%)
- SW England(70%)
- West Midlands(70%)
- All of Wales(70%)
- NW England(60%)
- Yorkshire & Humber(60%)
- NE England(30%)
- All other regions less than 20%

The Met Office is expecting a period of heavy snow to develop across South West England and much of Wales during Wednesday night and this is expected to extend across the Midlands, London, the South East of England and East Anglia during Thursday morning. There is also a risk that the snow will extend into parts of northern England for a time before dying away from all areas during Thursday afternoon. Accumulations of 2-5cm are expected quite widely inland, with 10-15cm possible for parts of the Midlands and Wales. Rain is more likely close to southern coasts where less cold air is expected. The period of snow could cause disruption to travel networks, especially across high level routes and the fact that timing of this event will coincide with the morning rush-hour.

This warning will be updated by the Met Office 1100 tomorrow
 
#5
the_boy_syrup said:
Here is the predictions

Regional risk assessment for the following areas:
- East Midlands(70%)
- East of England(70%)
- London & SE England(70%)
- SW England(70%)
- West Midlands(70%)
- All of Wales(70%)
- NW England(60%)
- Yorkshire & Humber(60%)
- NE England(30%)
- All other regions less than 20%

The Met Office is expecting a period of heavy snow to develop across South West England and much of Wales during Wednesday night and this is expected to extend across the Midlands, London, the South East of England and East Anglia during Thursday morning. There is also a risk that the snow will extend into parts of northern England for a time before dying away from all areas during Thursday afternoon. Accumulations of 2-5cm are expected quite widely inland, with 10-15cm possible for parts of the Midlands and Wales. Rain is more likely close to southern coasts where less cold air is expected. The period of snow could cause disruption to travel networks, especially across high level routes and the fact that timing of this event will coincide with the morning rush-hour.

This warning will be updated by the Met Office 1100 tomorrow
See, Global Warming
 
#6
Sounds like the best time to get yourself into a neighbouring coffin dodgers good books [and Last will & testement].....


better dig out the thermos and soup for the old bat up the road
 
#7
the_boy_syrup said:
Here is the predictions

Regional risk assessment for the following areas:
-- London & SE England(70%)
- SW England(70%)
Funny

The BBC is predicting Sleet and weather.co.uk thinks it will be shower
 
#8
Anyone got the phone number of the Guard Room at Catterick ?.

Someone's bound to be surprised by the weather.
 
#9
MAlthough there will be some sleet and slight snowfall across parts of Southwest England on Tuesday night and during Wednesday morning - the Met Office are about to issue an Early Warning of significant snowfall for Southwest England (and other parts of the UK) during Thursday morning (08/02/07).

We are increasingly confident that snow amounts during Thursday morning will be heavy enough to cause considerable disruption to road, rail and air travel, with both M4 and M5 corridors particularly at risk during the morning rush hours.

Conditions will be made worse by strong winds which will give some drifting of the snow and also lead to ice and snow accretion on power cables, but things will steadily improve through the course of Thursday afternoon with snow turning to rain, and then gradually clearing.

Resilience community is advised to monitor the weather forecast carefully over next 48hrs. If you have any queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Arwyn Harris Public Weather Service Advisor

ooooerr!
 
#10
chemystery said:
Link to MET Office Advice

Check on vulnerable neighbours
So lets get this straight...You're elderly, living alone since the love of your life popped their clogs, it's snowing...bad and your isolated from everyone.

You're sat in your armchair watching This Morning when there's a knock at the door. You get up grab your walking stick and hobble to the front door. ~
Only to trip over the cat and break your hip

HoHum
 
#11
JRHartley said:
Sounds like the best time to get yourself into a neighbouring coffin dodgers good books
Or an opportune time for some distraction robberies. "Hello dear. You don't know us but we just called round to check you're OK. It's a bit chilly. Couldn't do us a cup of tea could you?
 
#12
After spending winters in Bavaria and a particularly bad winter tour in Bos I really can't get too excited by the 3 cms of snow due to bring the country to a standstill.
 
#14
Be like "SuperMarket Sweep" round Tesco then, as everyone does the obligatory two trolley dash for supplies to help them cope wth being stranded at home under 3 cms of snow!
 
#15
"please look after your neighbours in the cold weather"

our neighbour is an 87 year old woman, not once has she come round
to check if we're all right. the lazy old b*tch hasn't even taken in her milk
for two weeks!
 
#16
sapper75 said:
"please look after your neighbours in the cold weather"

our neighbour is an 87 year old woman, not once has she come round
to check if we're all right. the lazy old b*tch hasn't even taken in her milk
for two weeks!
you're a tw@.....I've got to make another brew now.
 
#17
God invented cold weather with the express purpose of thinning out the dribbly-bottomed, coffin-dodging old cnuts.
Along with butchering whores, I intend to continue carrying out Gods work by cutting my aged neighbours power and phone lines.
 
#18
I'm trying to get home tonight as I know tomorrow it will be hell on the roads or there will be snow on the line so the railways will be out. Then the planes can't land because its snowy.

The UK isn't prepared for any sort of weather!
 

elovabloke

ADC
Moderator
#19
dan_man said:
The UK isn't prepared for any sort of weather!
The UK does not get any sort of weather - it gets a couple of inches of wet slushy stuff, which enables civil servants, teachers and other public sector workers to use it as an excuse for not going to work.
 
#20
Could be an excuse for me to dodge my exam at 0900.

If they find out that I'm only staying 10 minutes walking distance away I'll be bolloxed though.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top