Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Heavy fighting erupts over separatist Nagorno-Karabakh (Armenia Vs Azerbaijan)

I mentioned more than once in this thread how puzzled I was that the Armenian authorities appeared not to be conveying warnings to their troops about the drone threat and the importance of keeping dispersed.
This article raises far more fundamental questions about Armenia and Karabakh, for example the fact that Armenia never really mobilised its army, how large and effective forces were left on the north front while the south front received no reinfocements, how some squaddies were left unrelieved in the line for the entire month and how Shusha was abandoned with hardly a fight.
It mentions that the Armenian leadership may have been intending to leave NK to its fate from the outset.
It certainly makes more sense than the megalomaniacal bluster they were putting out which turned out in the end to be hollow.

I mentioned more than once in this thread how puzzled I was that the Armenian authorities appeared not to be conveying warnings to their troops about the drone threat and the importance of keeping dispersed.
This article raises far more fundamental questions about Armenia and Karabakh, for example the fact that Armenia never really mobilised its army, how large and effective forces were left on the north front while the south front received no reinfocements, how some squaddies were left unrelieved in the line for the entire month and how Shusha was abandoned with hardly a fight.
It mentions that the Armenian leadership may have been intending to leave NK to its fate from the outset.
It certainly makes more sense than the megalomaniacal bluster they were putting out which turned out in the end to be hollow.

Sounds like the same ‘we were winning but were stabbed in the back‘ that was the crutch the Germans clung to in 1919 to justify losing.

on Russian TV, they are interviewing Armenians who say the same thing over and over, the relentless bombardments by often invisible Israeli and Turkish drones 24/7, crushed them. no peace, no respite, even sitting in your trenches way in the rear, You were as vulnerable as the troops in the front line.

Still desperately trying to claim some sort of Armenian ‘victory’?

BTW, Armenia lost, badly, according to ICRC, over 2,000 dead Armenians recovered just from from around Shusha.

Not trying to claim any victory. It's plain to everyone that Armenia lost the war.

Now trying answering the question. Why is Aliyev still hiding the casualty figures? In his BBC interview he said it was for reasons of operational security and they would be released as soon as the fighting was finished.

Putting aside the potential misreporting (or disinformation) about Azerbaijani troops crossing into Armenia, how can anyone imagine the apparent arrangement regarding ownership of a gold mine is going to be a long-term, stable one?

'Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the Armenian Armed Forces Tiran Khachatryan denied reports that Azerbaijani military troops had crossed the border into Armenia from their portion of the Sotk gold mine.

'Khachatryan, at a Yerevan press conference late last night, said Azerbaijani troops had, as stipulated by the November 9 truce agreement, entered the Karvatchar region of Artsakh, but had not entered Armenia.

'He said that given the new border, half of the mine is in Armenia and the other half in Azerbaijan.

'GeoProMining Gold LLC, which runs the mine, is 96% owned by Russian billionaire businessman Roman Trotsensko.

'Khachatryan said that Azerbaijani troops had complained about company security guards stationed at the mine and that negotiations are underway to resolve the matter.

'The Armenian military official said he had no information about the future operation of the mine, adding that he did not know what agreements had been reached between the company and Azerbaijan.'

according to ICRC, over 2,000 dead Armenians recovered just from from around Shusha.

I thought this claim was a load of crap, but I didn't have time to look in to it when I replied earlier.

The only place I can find this mentioned is Wikipedia. The link from Wikipedia as evidence is to this article Карабах завален тысячами трупов: жуткая правда о бойне в НКР от армии России (ФОТО)

But even that article doesn't say what you claimed. It says

In the area of the city of Shusha, in the first week, more than 2 thousand bodies were found and transferred to each side.

Now try looking at any of the international media stories about the families protesting outside the MoD in Yerevan because they don't know what has happened to their relatives. Every article says 'dozens' or 'hundreds' of families not 'thousands'. None of the international media appears to be accusing Armenia of trying to hide the extent of their casualties, just you.

It is however pretty obvious to everyone that Aliyev is desperate to conceal Azeri losses. Why do you think that is?

D466AB69-D32F-48A2-B95A-D717F50ABE63.jpeg

BTW, the good guys won

In Kalbajar the ethnic Armenians who have lived there for decades, are pursuing a scorched earth policy and removing or destroying anything that may be of use to the occupiers