Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Heavy fighting erupts over separatist Nagorno-Karabakh (Armenia Vs Azerbaijan)

As far as I know the Armenian Air Force is small and largely made up of second hand Russian kit. I have no idea if the NKR have any aircraft of their own.

There have definitely been aircraft operating because both sides have claimed to have shot down fixed wing, helis and drones and I have seen some pictures of crash sites so it isn't all exaggerated claims.

Edited to add - My personal opinion based on the conversations I have had with Armenians over the years was that they knew they were never going to win an arms race with the Azeris. The Azerbaijan Defence Budget is bigger than Armenia's GDP. They have always relied on the defence pact with Russia to keep the Azeris out of Armenia proper and for NK on inflicting so many casualties during a break through of the mountain lines that the Azeris will quit.

Seems just so...... shortsighted

The Swiss prepared so many redoubts on mountain passes.
I realise that most of the things we can't see but anyway, looking at a new Azeri video of them purportedly advancing on a hillside road inside newly captured territory - I was struck by the absence of booby traps - absolutely classic road for wreaking havoc - it really looked like a missed opportunity

Last edited:
I'd be really interested to know why you get off on this shit - was your Mum an Azeri or something?

I think he’s just happy he can now show off more facets of his omniscience.

AD expert
UAV expert
Cluster munitions expert
Caucasus expert

There are no bounds...although I’m waiting to see how he’s going to reconcile his Azeri fanboi position with ‘Russia stronk’.

He really was wasted making tea for senior naval officers.

Seems just so...... shortsighted

The Swiss prepared so many redoubts on mountain passes.
I that most of the things we can't see but anyway, looking at a new Azeri video of them purportedly advancing on a hillside road inside newly captured territory - I was struck by the absence of booby traps - absolutely classic road for wreaking havoc - it really looked like a missed opportunity

you must remember, 80% of the troops in Nagorno Karabach are Armenian proper conscripts doing a hated 2 years long stint in a trench on a hill in the middle of nowhere.
Armenia has a shrinking population, in significant part to the constant emigration of the brighter young of Armenia to avoid military service.

25 years of that endless garrison duty and you get a very bored, very set in its ways occupation force.

I think he’s just happy he can now show off more facets of his omniscience.

AD expert
UAV expert
Cluster munitions expert
Caucasus expert

There are no bounds...although I’m waiting to see how he’s going to reconcile his Azeri fanboi position with ‘Russia stronk’.

He really was wasted making tea for senior naval officers.

Just seeing all the responses to him on this thread alone confirms to me that I did the right thing by putting him on ignore.
If everyone put him on ignore, this thread for one would look a lot more focussed.

How do you know that based on the video? For all I know they could be saying, "The Azeri's are back? Those pikey cnuts? There goes the neighbourhood."

Those Iranians are also ethnic Azeris and have centuries long cultural and family ties with the former Azeri occupants. All the Azeri towns along the border are ghost towns, there’s not a single Azeri left in occupied Azerbaijanian territory, the ones not killed fled to the rest of Azerbaijan or Iran. Unsurprisingly, the thought of their brothers and a vigorous cross trade coming back cheers the local Iranians up.

Just seeing all the responses to him on this thread alone confirms to me that I did the right thing by putting him on ignore.
If everyone put him on ignore, this thread for one would look a lot more focussed.

I do so love it when people throw ‘la la la, I cant hear you’ toddler tantrums, almost as funny as watching the triggered being obsessively triggered,

Those Iranians are also ethnic Azeris and have centuries long cultural and family ties with the former Azeri occupants. All the Azeri towns along the border are ghost towns, there’s not a single Azeri left in occupied Azerbaijanian territory, the ones not killed fled to the rest of Azerbaijan or Iran. Unsurprisingly, the thought of their brothers and a vigorous cross trade coming back cheers the local Iranians up.
How do you know the people interviewed were ethnic Azeris?

I do so love it when people throw ‘la la la, I cant hear you’ toddler tantrums, almost as funny as watching the triggered being obsessively triggered,

You can’t expect us mere mortals - you know, those oiks with actual qualifications and experience in the manifold subjects you pronounce on - to be able to quietly submit to your Jedi-like mastery of Google.

Your next Google target should be finding out what relations between the Azeris in Azerbaijan and the ethnic Azeris in Iran is. Then you will understand why I am laughing at you. 'Brothers' PMSL

ah, now you agree, well it’s hard not too when Iranian a TV is showing Azeri troops along the border, that theyve taken the south, that’s the south you were saying they were bogged down in and stalled attacking only a few days ago.
The hard fighting was breaking in through the hugely fortified in depth, they’ve had 25 years to do it, border region, it’s always a hard slog assaulting heights from the lowlands, now, they can concentrate on cutting the Lacin Corridor And it’s game over for the Armenians. expect To see significant movements West in the next few days as the reality finally sinks in in Stepanekert the owners are back And not happy with what the Armenians have been up to for 25 years - like removing every trace a million Azeris ever lived there.

That's fascinating. Except for the fact I said none of those things.

Latest casualty figures....834 KIA
and Azeri forces are now in easy Artillery range of Stepanekert and just 30km from cutting the Lacin corridor.