Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy fighting erupts over separatist Nagorno-Karabakh (Armenia Vs Azerbaijan)

There were some defenestrated Krajina Serbs killed their own livestock not out of badness but because it was winter, the land didn't lend itself to foraging (and was mined to buggery besides) and they'd no idea when anyone would be along to feed them.

They felt a quick death was kinder than possible lingering starvation.

I did wonder that myself - but between the low res image and my eyes I wasnt sure what they were.

Looked to be goats which i though could get by on the land

@Red Hander , This should have been a warning to Armenia the rules of the game had dramatically changed

A Harop taking out a bus load of Armenian soldiers in 2016

Putins just drawn a line and full stop in the sand...

’according to international law, Karabakh has always been an integral part of Azerbaijan, the CSTO could not interfere - no one attacked Armenia’

’Nobody, not even Armenia, recognized Karabakh/Artaskh’

.....and here come the Turks

Last edited:
Hopefully, the lessons will bury the dangerous fantasy of the ‘Strike Brigade’, but I won’t hold my breath......

That would require them to believe they would be safe under Azeri rule. Given what happened in '88-'92, and what they have seen happening over the last 6 weeks I can't blame them for not believing that.
You're talking to the guy who was unable to accept that Iranian Jews has an hassle and had been leaving the country in steady stream since the revolution.

some high-level insights into the mega-cl*sterf*ck

well that’s another of Russias latest EW systems neutralised.

Could explain the sudden series of Azeri AF IL-76 flights to an IDF air base late in the fighting.
Dropping off SIGINT, picking up solutions?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I was going to say more or less the same, minus the example. If everyone is leaving the area and the residents don't have someone to hand the care of their livestock over to, then who would look after them, especially with winter about to arrive?

I don't know what the situation in the UK is, but around where I live abandoning livestock is considered to be animal cruelty and gets you jail time.
It also deprives an invading army of fresh meat

I mentioned more than once in this thread how puzzled I was that the Armenian authorities appeared not to be conveying warnings to their troops about the drone threat and the importance of keeping dispersed.
This article raises far more fundamental questions about Armenia and Karabakh, for example the fact that Armenia never really mobilised its army, how large and effective forces were left on the north front while the south front received no reinfocements, how some squaddies were left unrelieved in the line for the entire month and how Shusha was abandoned with hardly a fight.
It mentions that the Armenian leadership may have been intending to leave NK to its fate from the outset.
It certainly makes more sense than the megalomaniacal bluster they were putting out which turned out in the end to be hollow.

I mentioned more than once in this thread how puzzled I was that the Armenian authorities appeared not to be conveying warnings to their troops about the drone threat and the importance of keeping dispersed.
This article raises far more fundamental questions about Armenia and Karabakh, for example the fact that Armenia never really mobilised its army, how large and effective forces were left on the north front while the south front received no reinfocements, how some squaddies were left unrelieved in the line for the entire month and how Shusha was abandoned with hardly a fight.
It mentions that the Armenian leadership may have been intending to leave NK to its fate from the outset.
It certainly makes more sense than the megalomaniacal bluster they were putting out which turned out in the end to be hollow.

Sounds like the same ‘we were winning but were stabbed in the back‘ that was the crutch the Germans clung to in 1919 to justify losing.

on Russian TV, they are interviewing Armenians who say the same thing over and over, the relentless bombardments by often invisible Israeli and Turkish drones 24/7, crushed them. no peace, no respite, even sitting in your trenches way in the rear, You were as vulnerable as the troops in the front line.

Latest Threads