Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy fighting erupts over separatist Nagorno-Karabakh (Armenia Vs Azerbaijan)

Pretty sure the Armenians weren't sitting in their trenches cheering at their own ammunition blowing up!

I prefer the Azeri drone footage.....

and the view from Stepanakert - reported to be @ Dashushen

3C3B57EA-414B-4E58-8E7C-BA9DC131A4CF.jpeg

Last edited:
I prefer the Azeri drone footage.....

and the view from Stepanakert - reported to be @ Dashushen

View attachment 516285

So which is it? Did the Armenians blow up their own ammunition? Or did the Azeris destroy it in a drone strike?

And if either of those was true, why are there multiple cell phone videos of Armenian soldiers watching it explode and cheering?

So which is it? Did the Armenians blow up their own ammunition? Or did the Azeris destroy it in a drone strike?

And if either of those was true, why are there multiple cell phone videos of Armenian soldiers watching it explode and cheering?

I see, so the Armenian government is telling porkies to international TV filming all these explosions when it says the enemy is at the gates and it’s blowing up its ammunition stockpiles to stop them falling into the advancing Azeri hands.
its also telling porkies when it called today for everyone Shusha to grab a gun and help defended it as it’s about to fall.

I see, so the Armenian government is telling porkies to international TV filming all these explosions when it says the enemy is at the gates and it’s blowing up its ammunition stockpiles to stop them falling into the advancing Azeri hands.
its also telling porkies when it called today for everyone Shusha to grab a gun and help defended it as it’s about to fall.

I assume you have a link to the Armenian Government saying those explosions were them destroying their own ammunition?

I assume you have a link to the Armenian Government saying those explosions were them destroying their own ammunition?

why not watch the news, Al Jazeera has reporters reporting from Stepanakert and Shusha.

but let me help you

Last edited:
why not watch the news, Al Jazeera has reporters reporting from Stepanakert and Shusha.

but let me help you

That is Al Jazeera saying that unnamed Armenian officials have said 'they are blowing up ammunition'. When you have any actual evidence of an Armenian official actually saying they are blowing up their own ammunition, feel free to come back to me.

That is Al Jazeera saying that unnamed Armenian officials have said 'they are blowing up ammunition'. When you have any actual evidence of an Armenian official actually saying they are blowing up their own ammunition, feel free to come back to me.

I see, so the thrice defeated Azerbaijani army has advanced in total disarray to Dashushen, within spitting distance of Stepanakert, where it built an ammunition dump so it could blow it up while one of it’s drones and an Al Zazeera film crew filmed it while being told it was Armenian ammunition being blown up.....

You’re quite the Armenian Comical Ali. :rofl:

Last edited:
Meanwhile, more Smersh hunting.... sneaky, follow it back to its hide and get a twofer

and the Armenians still don’t get it about congregating....

sky striker propaganda fail

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">1552/<a href="https://t.co/p6lWUzmaQe">https://t.co/p6lWUzmaQe</a></p>&mdash; Rob Lee (@RALee85) <a href="">October 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Holy shit ! If that is true ( and I am beginning to see how it can be ) I wouldn't want to be an Armenian soldier right now - and many other Military brass should be taking note.

The Azeris are now firing White Phos rounds into the forests South of Shushi, it would appear in an attempt to start forest fires.

According to the Armenians those forests are where a lot of the civilians from Shushi and the surrounding villages have gone to hide from the artillery attacks.

The Azeris are now firing White Phos rounds into the forests South of Shushi, it would appear in an attempt to start forest fires.

According to the Armenians those forests are where a lot of the civilians from Shushi and the surrounding villages have gone to hide from the artillery attacks.

‘’Based on preliminary data’, as in, ‘we made it up’.

Firing Smoke rounds fired into the hills to obscure observation - how very outragious!

Very significant step up of Azerbaijan airlifter operations over the last 36 hours, especially Silk Ways IL-76s that turn off their transponders when they enter Azerbaijan airspace - presumably landing at Ganja.
As well as the round the clock 747F/IL-76 shuttle flights to Istanbul and daily 747F flight to Tel Aviv, daily 747F flight to Ukraine now.

Other than a couple of Russian IL-76’s beginning of this week, one that flew in from Iran, nothing much going on on the Armenian front bar the daily Armenian Air Force IL-76 (transponder off until it enters Russian airspace) flight to Mineraleye Vody.

that a huge, 25:1 disparity in airlift.

It looks as if Armenia has formally asked Russia for help.

From link in tweet:

'On October 31, RA Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan sent a letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin, detailing the situation created by the Azerbaijani-Turkish military aggression against Nagorno Karabakh and the challenges that have arisen.

In particular, the letter stressed the fact that foreign armed terrorists were transferred from the Middle East and involved in hostilities against Nagorno Karabakh.

Taking into account the facts of hostilities on the territory of the Republic of Armenia approaching the border of the Republic of Armenia, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia addressed the President of the Russian Federation to start immediate consultations to determine the type of assistance that the Russian Federation can provide to the Republic of Armenia. Recognizing the allied relations between Armenia and Russia in 1997 Article 2 of the Agreement on Friendship, Cooperation and Mutual Assistance of August 29, 2006.'

Question: has the wording of the letter been agreed with Russia in advance, to allow Russia to become involved and say it is responding to treaty obligations? Or is Armenia asking despite knowing that Russian help will be limited or even not forthcoming?

Pretty sure the Armenians weren't sitting in their trenches cheering at their own ammunition blowing up!

I wondered a lot about your views on the exploding ammo dump. What bothered me most was that considering the recent speed of Azery advances, there seemed little reason (or even possibility) for the Azeries to have accumulated such an ammo dump in such close proximity to the Armenians. The emergence of the Azery MOD drone footage seemed to clarify things a bit - the theories voiced at the beginning of this tweet could make sense:

My father told me about seeing hordes of German soldiers running out of the edge of a forest in panic as our Churchill Crocodile flamethrower tanks let loose in high arcs onto the treetops. Fire is indeed an effective way of clearing forest of enemy troops. The Russians have been using similar WP munitions on Syrian villages for quite a few yeatrs now.
You will have seen from current footage taken in the Armenian side that they are evacuating their civilians in buses.

I thought ethnic cleansing went out of vogue 20 years ago?