Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy fighting erupts over separatist Nagorno-Karabakh (Armenia Vs Azerbaijan)

we can, the drones are fascinating, no ones laughing at Dominic Cummings now!

imagine a swarming drone attack on a carrier with cruise missiles that each deploy dozens of little kamikaze drones that attack all the sensors, aircraft and deck personnel.
I agree. There will be answers to UAV. Azerbaijan has caught the initial wave when counter-UAV tech is either not working or not available, for Armenia.
It is (as a non technical type) the assumed flexibility of UAV in terms of software/countermeasures that makes how they may be countered interesting.

Some of the radar systems associated with Iron Dome are so sensitive that in the beginning they were setting off alerts when Hamas fired a burst of link into the air. So there isn't a question of whether drones are too small to be detected.

I agree. There will be answers to UAV. Azerbaijan has caught the initial wave when counter-UAV tech is either not working or not available, for Armenia.
It is (as a non technical type) the assumed flexibility of UAV in terms of software/countermeasures that makes how they may be countered interesting.

the Turks are the ones to watch, it’s a perfect alignment of the stars for a new technology.

Selcuk Bayraktar, a true new technology genius

and his wife is Erdogans daughter

and Erdogan wants a technically world class military And has the political power to facilitate it.

and the Turks don’t have the moral qualms ‘we’ the West have about exploring every aspect of DroneWars, including the ‘forbidden fruit,’ of full autonomy. Could you imagine the outcry if the British Army deployed autonomous Hunter-killer slaughterbots?

and as for young Bayraktar? he’s thinking big, his Akinci is an autonomous light bomber with air to air and cruise missiles in its armoury.

Last edited:
false.

Armenia has always claimed Nagorno Karabakh is ‘independent’, a claim ripped to sheds by the UN and international courts, ie, the ‘Artsakh Defence Army’ was found to be a de facto the regular Armenian army, reliant on Armenian Army conscripts and regulars for its manpower And operating fully as part of the Armenian Army.
Armenia was found to have de facto annexed by force sovereign Azerbaijan territory and called out in multiple UN resolutions

Ok, so the 1920's anti-Armenian pogroms never happened, the 1988 vote to join Armenia never happened, the 1991 referendum to leave Azerbaijan never happened, the 1991 pogroms against Armenians in Azerbaijan never happened and the attempted ethnic cleansing of Nagorno-Karabakh in 1992 never happened.

Only the Armenians have ever done anything wrong and Nagorno-Karabakh has always been part of Azerbaijan.

Thank you for clearing that up for us President Aliyev.

Despite KGB Resident's very succint explanation of their reasoning, I still wonder what Armenia expects to gain buy firning a salvo of smerch missiles at the town of Berde in Azerbaijan.

Last edited:
Ok, so the 1920's anti-Armenian pogroms never happened, the 1988 vote to join Armenia never happened, the 1991 referendum to leave Azerbaijan never happened, the 1991 pogroms against Armenians in Azerbaijan never happened and the attempted ethnic cleansing of Nagorno-Karabakh in 1992 never happened.

Only the Armenians have ever done anything wrong and Nagorno-Karabakh has always been part of Azerbaijan.

Thank you for clearing that up for us President Aliyev.

thats Armenia that fell under the Byzantines in the 5th C, the Ottomans in the 15th C, and Russians in the 18th C and has only Existed as a sovereign state since 1988

we can, the drones are fascinating, no ones laughing at Dominic Cummings now!

imagine a swarming drone attack on a carrier with cruise missiles that each deploy dozens of little kamikaze drones that attack all the sensors, aircraft and deck personnel.

Why not just blow it up?

Despite KGB Residents very succint explanation of their reasoning, I still wonder what Armenia expects to gain buy firning a salvo of smerch missiles at the town of Berde in Azerbaijan.

Armenia may hope to provoke a direct action against Armenian territory by Turkey, which could end up drawing in Russia. Armenia's best hope at the moment is for the big powers to get pulled into the war and either impose a settlement, or to impose a freeze on both sides.

Although I'm a little sceptical of the speed that the grunts are shown aquiring and firing in the first video I think I can see mechanism a more satisfactorly manner in the second video. The bit where they track the bird is interesting.

Armenia may hope to provoke a direct action against Armenian territory by Turkey, which could end up drawing in Russia. Armenia's best hope at the moment is for the big powers to get pulled into the war and either impose a settlement, or to impose a freeze on both sides.
Yes that is what KGB Resident opined.

Geolocation of that video loofkar posted of the retreating Armenian soldiers

and they still don’t get it, don’t bunch together....

Last edited:
From Twitter:

Fighting so far into the centre north of Caylaqqala, already reported to have fallen, is very bad news for Armenia.

B41790B6-29F2-4D28-81A6-E840F859A42B.jpeg

Last edited:
4 x hit to kill anti ship cruise missiles = not a terminally hard defensive problem for ship defences
480 x mini drones = impossible defensive problem for ship defences
Cruise missiles are common to both your options (though you don't seem to want to mention that in this post) and you seem to be envisaging hostile commanders deciding to use cruise missiles as opposed to supersonic anti ship missiles which they are also likely to have access to.

Just to be clear I think drones are an important development but your persistent tabloid attitude of "Tanks are over!" and "Chase you round the battlefield drones" is noise not signal.

Cruise missiles are common to both your options (though you don't seem to want to mention that in this post) and you seem to be envisaging hostile commanders deciding to use cruise missiles as opposed to supersonic anti ship missiles which they are also likely to have access to.

Just to be clear I think drones are an important development but your persistent tabloid attitude of "Tanks are over!" and "Chase you round the battlefield drones" is noise not signal.

I know, all hands to the upper deck and shoot them down with rifles fitted with those $17,000 sights you seem so transfixed with.

meanwhile..
.....stand off attacks with swarming drones, not laser guided bombs or missiles

Last edited:

Latest Threads