Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy fighting erupts over separatist Nagorno-Karabakh (Armenia Vs Azerbaijan)

Tragic that they didn't compromise politically before it got to this. With their blood they have provided the world's armies with a crucial lesson.

What makes you think the Azeris were prepared to accept any kind of political compromise? I have never seen anything that would make me think either side was prepared to compromise. It's all or nothing from both of them.

What makes you think the Azeris were prepared to accept any kind of political compromise? I have never seen anything that would make me think either side was prepared to compromise. It's all or nothing from both of them.
It takes two to tango, and at the moment the Azerbaijanis don't seem to have a lot of reason to compromise.

1. That doesn't say there was fighting near Berdzor, it says the Azeris were advancing in the direction of Berdzor before being stopped.

2. I am not convinced that 'Armenian Military Portal' is the Armenian Government, especially as they are operating from a Gmail address not a .AM address like all the other Armenian Government sources!

13kms out on the east side of the river and They shelling each other on the 26th - they are there in all but name.

As the Azeris, it IS their land btw, point out, nearly 30 years of asking got them not a square metre back.

You can afford not to compromise - if you possess effective force (and manpower reserves) to back up your position.

Last edited:
I think Armenia could compromise now. I wonder how they can't - the future of the country in the form of young men is being destroyed. It is justified only if something might change - that is, if they can defend against Azeri UAV. If the Armenians can't offer a defence against the drones, better to surrender parts of NK than have more deaths.

Oryx
@oryxspioenkop

·
33m

Armenia is on an unstoppable course, destination: disaster. It can't adapt to the threat of drones, its tanks can't hide, its artillery can't hide, its soldiers can't hide. It lost 34 artillery pieces today alone. You can't win a war of the future by fighting a war of the past.
Armenia's way of fighting seems to be: - To throw in more tanks in open exposed fields. - To throw in more artillery in open exposed fields. - To throw in more young men and old reservists in open exposed fields. Until there is no tank, artillery or man left to fight.

Data Science Nerd
@econstatsnerd

·
8m

Replying to
@oryxspioenkop
You missed one. Launch rockets at civilian areas far away from the conflict region and hope that will somehow make Azeris demand their government to stop the war. In return, even anti-war Azeris are now willing to go to war since not going to war doesn't really mean you are safe.

apologies for just copy pasting this in this way but it hits the nail on the head so accurately I think it's appropriate

Why the f*ck are they still bunching up like that?
These remind me of that feeling you get when you watch a crappy Hollywood war movie and see cheap effects and stuntmen depicting multiple squaddies being blown to hell.

Shocking. Their leaders ought to be put on trial.

Last edited:
You can afford not to compromise - if you possess effective force (and manpower reserves) to back up your position.

Exactly, and if the Azeris weren't prepared to compromise before the war and were preparing to take the land by force, how were the Armenians meant to make a compromise with them?

And that little Kargu slaughterbot that hunted down the Armenian in a video the other day?
allegedly someone’s just had a bulk delivery from Ankara

294775A3-F6B9-4493-B333-FD0444EF4F13.jpeg

A1826D70-9EE5-44FD-8E4A-7A08C137D548.jpeg

As the Azeris, it IS their land btw, point out, nearly 30 years of asking got them not a square metre back.

That depends how far back you want to go. The area they are fighting in at the moment used to have a mixed Azeri and Armenian population. In the 1920's Azeri pogroms drove the Armenians out. In the 1990's the Armenians drove the Azeris out. This new war now appears to have driven the Armenians who were living there out. The only place in the whole area that has continuously had a majority of one ethnic group is Nagorno-Karabakh itself, which has always been majority Armenian.

Exactly, and if the Azeris weren't prepared to compromise before the war and were preparing to take the land by force, how were the Armenians meant to make a compromise with them?

earth calling legs!

why should the Azeris compromise with an invader who destroyed hundreds of their towns avd villages and drove out nearly a million of the inhabitants To create a ’security zone’ around an unrecognised enclave?

Latest Threads