Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Heavy fighting erupts over separatist Nagorno-Karabakh (Armenia Vs Azerbaijan)

IDF CoGS Kochavi
9C651172-5601-4DF5-B987-4616AFDDE1C9.png

our inspiring and military looking CoGS

EEA1BE93-1D8B-4A8B-8B44-8DA4E91BDB57.png

Impressive but putting 48 on one vehicle smacks a little of putting all your eggs in one basket.
The article contains a link to a video of the test.

Impressive but putting 48 on one vehicle smacks a little of putting all your eggs in one basket.
The article contains a link to a video of the test.

It depends on how cheap they are. You could have a lot of eggs in a lot of baskets.

******* hell , that was was just take out an infantry bunker.
Nothing else in sight @loofkar yup, acknowledged.

Is this a one off ? Does Azerbaijan have so much precision ammunition it can use a tank destroying missile on a few infantrymen ?

Warfare is rapidly changing here

This Azeri video of pinpoint drone strikes is from yesterday. I really wonder what effect this is having on Morale. I also wonder how the story would look if the Azeries had even more drone assets than they do.

and you would have thought that after 2 weeks of it the Armenians would at least have stopped bunching up in groups. Could it be that the command is concealing news of the danger of drones from its troops?
this video is from today

This Azeri video of pinpoint drone strikes is from yesterday. I really wonder what effect this is having on Morale. I also wonder how the story would look if the Azeries had even more drone assets than they do.

I can't see how this can go on. I assume the pauses between the intensity of these strikes is to allow re-supply but, if the Azerbaijanis have a supply of drones, Armenia/NK is eventually going to run out of men.
Last week, things seemed less bad in respect of drone attacks. I thought that might allow Armenia to hold on through the winter but I was probably wrong.

I can't see how this can go on. I assume the pauses between the intensity of these strikes is to allow re-supply but, if the Azerbaijanis have a supply of drones, Armenia/NK is eventually going to run out of men.
Last week, things seemed less bad in respect of drone attacks. I thought that might allow Armenia to hold on through the winter but I was probably wrong.

I don't get why they're still bunching up - if it had been the IDF there would have been frantic orders to everyone to keep dispersed. I also don't get how they could think firing a ballistic missile at Ganja could help them.

Awesome.
They are targeting down to infantry bunker and MG positions.
They must have phenomenal amounts of these munitions to go for these targets.

Morale ? It wont be shown but I bet it has never been lower.

I don't get why they're still bunching up - if it had been the IDF there would have been frantic orders to everyone to keep dispersed. I also don't get how they could think firing a ballistic missile at Ganja could help them.
I have wondered what you have wondered - have they been told about the drones? They seem aware of them as they try to seek cover. Given the post-Soviet nature of the state, and the extent to which the old Soviet state used to lie to Soviet citizens, perhaps they haven't been told just how bad it is? And 'there are these UAV and we can't do a thing about them' is a hard sell.

Awesome.
They are targeting down to infantry bunker and MG positions.
They must have phenomenal amounts of these munitions to go for these targets.

Morale ? It wont be shown but I bet it has never been lower.

Or alternatively, lots of pretty pictures of drone strikes help to distract the Azeri population from how little ground has actually been taken and how many coffins they are shipping back into Azerbaijan.

Or alternatively, lots of pretty pictures of drone strikes help to distract the Azeri population from how little ground has actually been taken and how many coffins they are shipping back into Azerbaijan.

The Azeries have obviously not been taught not to bunch up, they definitely have their problems. The Armenians have the high ground and effective Soviet artilley, but what is your point here? Are you inferring that the Armenians are wreaking similar unprecedented havoc with drones but just aren't bothering to show it?

The Azeries aren't shipping back anything to Azerbaijan as the ground conflict is occurring within Azerbaijan.

Any evidence of the vast quantities of coffins going back to Azerbaijan ?

As for taking ground - whats the rush ?
Slap them about a bit with these very effective cheapo drones and then stroll in later when they have legged it.