Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy fighting erupts over separatist Nagorno-Karabakh (Armenia Vs Azerbaijan)

EB314404-8D52-4FFA-B7A6-81E90B7F9CD8.jpeg

Having said that, on all 3 clips, I can't see any kind of incoming, so it might be a bit of disinformation by the Azerbaijanis.

I can see stuff in the second and third. Slow it to a quarter speed and put it on 1080.

I note there seems to be a bloke on the front of the revetment(?) in the first clip who is fit to get up and run immediately after the strike.

If accurate, a major escalation, and one I can't imagine Russia won't respond to 'in kind'.

'Armenia on September 28 accused Turkey of providing direct military support for Azerbaijan, including F-16 fighter jets, as fierce and bloody fighting between the Armenians and Azerbaijanis continued to rage over the territory of Nagorno-Karabakh.

'The Armenian foreign ministry said in a statement that Turkey had a “direct presence on the ground”. Turkish military experts, it added, were “fighting side by side” with Azerbaijan, which it said was also using Turkish weapons including armed drones and warplanes, including the F-16s.

'Azerbaijan denied the allegations. There was no immediate reaction from Turkey, a Nato member. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan previously said that Turkey was standing by Azerbaijan “with all its means, as always”.

'An aide to Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev, meanwhile, denied claims from Armenian officials that Turkey had sent militia fighters from Syria to Azerbaijan and that they were taking part in the fighting.

'Armenia’s ambassador to Russia said earlier on September 28 that Turkey had sent around 4,000 fighters from northern Syria to Azerbaijan, the Interfax and RIA news agencies reported.'

(...) 'An aide to Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev, meanwhile, denied claims from Armenian officials that Turkey had sent militia fighters from Syria to Azerbaijan and that they were taking part in the fighting.

'Armenia’s ambassador to Russia said earlier on September 28 that Turkey had sent around 4,000 fighters from northern Syria to Azerbaijan, the Interfax and RIA news agencies reported.'
(...)
Militia from Syria being used elsewhere to further Turkish foreign policy? That will be an interesting development if it is true. Using troops recruited from one part of Turkey's sphere of influence to be used in another part of Turkey's sphere of influence would be a significant expansion of their capabilities.

The outages I encountered and that are referred to in the twitter feed I posted were yesterday and this morning, during the height of the Azery assault.
Flightradar24 now say they are under some sort of attack (DDOS I assume). They're down at the time of this posting.

If accurate, a major escalation, and one I can't imagine Russia won't respond to 'in kind'.

'Armenia on September 28 accused Turkey of providing direct military support for Azerbaijan, including F-16 fighter jets, as fierce and bloody fighting between the Armenians and Azerbaijanis continued to rage over the territory of Nagorno-Karabakh.

'The Armenian foreign ministry said in a statement that Turkey had a “direct presence on the ground”. Turkish military experts, it added, were “fighting side by side” with Azerbaijan, which it said was also using Turkish weapons including armed drones and warplanes, including the F-16s.

'Azerbaijan denied the allegations. There was no immediate reaction from Turkey, a Nato member. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan previously said that Turkey was standing by Azerbaijan “with all its means, as always”.

'An aide to Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev, meanwhile, denied claims from Armenian officials that Turkey had sent militia fighters from Syria to Azerbaijan and that they were taking part in the fighting.

Armenia could deny much of the air space in Eastern Anatolia, given that there are Russian-operated S400 batteries there.

Latest Threads