Heavy Ack Ack

Any old HAA Gunners here. I'm looking for 3Mk7, 4Mk7 and No 11 Predictor drill books or other pamphlets/ literature. Unfortunately the RA Museum is now closed for research as it is moving to Larkhill and won't reopen until 2019.

Any old HAA Gunners here. I'm looking for 3Mk7, 4Mk7 and No 11 Predictor drill books or other pamphlets/ literature. Unfortunately the RA Museum is now closed for research as it is moving to Larkhill and won't reopen until 2019.
They'd be knocking on a bit now. Wasn't AA Command knocked on the head in 1955?

Interesting. The Bristol Gunners. I remember when they were 833 Bty and were first equipped with the Green Archer mortar locating radar. I was a Radar Mech at Larkhill and was assigned to support them. I enjoyed a summer camp with them at Chickerell in 1964.

Sorry for the late intrusion but I am after a bit of info. My old man passed away recently (ex Gunner) and buried near him is a Gunner in a CWG who was in 368 HAA Bty and died in 1943. Does anyone have any info on the Unit?

2000AD

Old-Salt
Unfortunately the RA Museum is now closed for research as it is moving to Larkhill and won't reopen until 2019.
Slight diversion off the topic but thats a bugger! My Gt Grandad and Grandad were both in the RA in the First and Second world wars respectively. I have transcripts of my Grandads WW2 diaries that we found after my Gran passed away last year, but we have 2 years missing. He served on coastal defence at the Nothe Fort in Dorset, then at Barry Island in South Wales and then in the Faroes before then deploying to Germany in 1945. He was discharged in 1945 at the rank of Quartermaster Sergeant due to being utterly deaf due to his service. My Gt Grandad served in both Boer Wars, then Ww1 in France and Flanders then deployed to India. In WW2, he was the air raid warden for Hamworthy in Dorset. Again we have big gaps in that part of his life. I've primised my old man, who is now advancing in years that I'd try to research the gaps, so this news sets my plan back a bit.

Latest Threads