Heaves & bergan work

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Hadal, Jun 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone,

Just come across this site http://twentypullups.com/node/1 has anyone done it? if so any good? I might give it a bash, it looks legit.

Also, at the moment I am following the official british army fitness guide, I'm doing the second tier fitness plan. Every fourth day it says to do cross/sports training, the thing is I don't have a bike or access to a swimming pool, and I don't really play any sports so would a 40 minute tab with a bergan do just as well?

Thanks, any answers appreciated.

2. I don't go bike riding or swimming either mate. Just plenty of running and when i can get a lift, i get up the hills with a bergen. As for the pull ups, i was crap at them, so i got a bar up in my bedroom door frame, every time i walk past i do as many as i can, i've gone from a girly 3-4 to about 15 in a few months, slow but steady progress! if you have a look around on the net, there is a few exercise plans aimed at boxers, i find them a great help.

enjoy training!

3. Thankyou mate, good advice about the pull ups i will try that although that plan seems to be working, i could only do 4 too last week but I'm up to 6 now, working on them all the time too. I did chuck a bergen on on sunday, nothing too heavy just 20lbs plus water, was aching good style afterwards but i quite enjoyed it, apart from the dodgy looks lol. Also is there any bloody way to make the thing comfy on my back or will i just have to get used to it?