Heathrow Incident-LHR BA cut the grass

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Furryturd, Jan 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The BA flight from Beijing has just missed the end of the runway at LHR and landed short. More details shortly but LHR is closed.

edited to add LHR apparently not closed completely but we did get a report through at 13.28 originating through one of the travel agents networks that LHR was closed.
  2. LHR is not closed, just the southern runway, 27L.

The aircraft undershot the runway by around 500 ft with the associated hard landing forcing the main undercart oleos up through the wing. Cause is obviously not known yet so let's not speculate.

Thankfully it sounds like everyone got out okay.

3. very lucky.. just missed my mums house...
  4. good drills by ba..
  5. I thought it was quiet...
  6. Or bad ones...
  7. NEWS FLASH - Reuters are reporting that Vanessa Feltz was sitting at the back. :D
  8. People are now wondering what I'm laughing at.
  9. no deaths thats good drills
  10. The PM was only saved by what appears to have been a sudden change in the skidding planes trajectory believed to have been caused by the Gravitational pull of John Prescott who was sitting at the bar of the BA lounge .
  11. I was thinking more along the lines of the ability to miss the biggest area of concrete in a country, really. (A feat which is normally only acheived by highly trained and professional RAF pilots flying Vulcans...)
  12. It's 5059 miles between Beijing and London ... so not that bad really, got within a few yards!