Heathrow cops banned from supporting UK Armed forces

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armchair_jihad, Jun 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/2469328/Soldier-badge-is-banned.html

Ting ting all aboard!
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Why don't we fire them all H4H armbands to replace instead?
  3. Why don't we just fire and replace their so called 'senior management'.
  4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I can't disagree with that but as it won't happen. :D

Thought my suggestion might have a better chance of coming off.
  5. Just another non story by the scum, more likely the badges are contrary to uniform regs, what would happen if serving soldiers began to adorne their uniforms with non regulation items, would they not be told to remove them too, irregardless of the good sentiments that the items represent.
  6. How can your country's flag be considered Offensive to your citizens? Totally bizarre
  7. ... sums it up.
    It's OK to be gay but not OK to be heterosexual and support the troops - not one of Mandy's ideas by any chance.
    ... got the workticket and am off to the POL point, please form an orderly queue.
  8. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Oddly they don't get told to remove the Rupert pins as far as I know.
  9. It's shit like this, that make people for the likes of BNP.

This country has become a giant nonce.
  10. They're quite right though, Our force policy states that only a police badge emblem may be worn as a tie pin, however, a heck of a lot of us wear a either a union flag, the abandoned soldier badge, H4H wrist bands, and ID card lanyards, a mixture of H4H and ARRSE watch straps. I don't know of anyone yet being told or asked to remove them and I agree that the whole thing is pretty much a non story designed to irritate people like ourselves.
  11. This is probably as factual as the annual "they're banning Xmas" reactionary tabloid myths. It's in the Sun.
  12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

You mean like that 'rebel' in the Falklands war, prancing about with an effing gurt Union Jack hanging off his radio on the walk to Port Stanley? Why that bloke wasn't sent packing I'll never know.

That Queen of ours . . . . . how very dare she!!! Having all that jingoistic flag waving sh!t going on whenever She raises herself to the Balcony!

Draping such nationalistic, jingoist, racist sh!t on the coffins of the dead brought back from Afghan and Iraq - should be banned I tells yer!

I suggest we make the displaying of our national symbol the preserve of the far right, ie: the BNP. For the rest of us, there is no place for pride in our nation - that time past when Labour got into power again 12 years ago.
  13. Great. The day after we have elected two members of the Nazi Party into the European Parliament, the Sun is printing reactionist crap such as this, which is probably nothing more than just the bosses enforcing uniform regs.
  14. Which it has. :twisted: The solution to the problem is - make the badge PART of the uniform :D

And watch who comes out of the woodwork yelling, kicking and screaming. :twisted:
  15. Interestingly, North Wales Police now have the Welsh Flag sewn into their items of uniform - even on the eppaulettes of their stab vests. That caused uproar, as quite rightly it should be the Union Flag they wear, but Fuhrer Brunstrom still went ahead and did it. But in some respects, fair play, at least they're allowed to feel passionate and patriotic about something.

So why is this any different?

The fuzz at Birmingham Airport are really supportive of the Forces - they are regularly seen pulling 737's around the airport with their bare hands (I kid you not). Oh, and people sponsor them to do it!