HEAT BBC2 on Now

Maybe done in 95 but this film still rocks, Pacino and De Niro together.

"You know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are going down." And then he holds his hand at the end in a touching gay kind of way...

But it's still got the best cast, the best Director (Mann) and Natalie Portman. For the Easter Eggs (and goofs) see
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113277/goofs

X Factor Results are on.... Have a word!!!

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
Admittedly it's a good film, but starting this thread 25 minutes after the film started just makes me thankful that Michael Mann was that little bit more thorough (he made it twice ;) )

smudge67 said:
There's the news....on news24.....NOW!!
HMF is deffo top of the News tables today: "Quentin" Davies "horrified at SAS claims" well....they wouldn't know, would they Mr Davies...?

:roll:

Fugly said:
Admittedly it's a good film, but starting this thread 25 minutes after the film started just makes me thankful that Michael Mann was that little bit more thorough (he made it twice ;) )
Was otherwised engaged Fugly :wink: married, see...but yep, fair point, I'll head off to the Cookhouse bins areas

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Bordtea said:
smudge67 said:
That's news to me :roll:
there's a roundup of the weeks stories on tomorrow, but I suppose by then it'll be old news. ahem.

the shootout at the drive in and the bank heist are still superb set pieces mind. if you have a surround rig then crank up the volume and enjoy.

maguire said:
Bordtea said:
smudge67 said:
That's news to me :roll:
there's a roundup of the weeks stories on tomorrow, but I suppose by then it'll be old news. ahem.

the shootout at the drive in and the bank heist are still superb set pieces mind. if you have a surround rig then crank up the volume and enjoy.
The Drive in shoot out annoys me, Kilmer up on a roof in elevated overwatch, lying prone with a weapon with a bipod. So when he comes to shoot what does he do? Of Course Stand up and start waving the bloody rifle around....... tit

During the bank raid shootout, they do expend some serious brass. OK they show a token mag change here and there but feck me, those mags must hold 70 - 80 rounds a piece!

Still a blinding film though. Has anyone seen the new Pacino/DeNiro one yet?

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Pronto_Mike_Uniform said:
During the bank raid shootout, they do expend some serious brass. OK they show a token mag change here and there but feck me, those mags must hold 70 - 80 rounds a piece!

Still a blinding film though. Has anyone seen the new Pacino/DeNiro one yet?
The Hollywood magazine holds approximatly 500 rounds
Although automatic weapons can be continuosly cocked with the mag onwithout any rounds flying out :wink: