HEAT BBC2 on Now

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by abrecan, Nov 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Maybe done in 95 but this film still rocks, Pacino and De Niro together.

"You know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are going down." And then he holds his hand at the end in a touching gay kind of way...

But it's still got the best cast, the best Director (Mann) and Natalie Portman. For the Easter Eggs (and goofs) see
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113277/goofs

2. There's the news....on news24.....NOW!!

3. X Factor Results are on.... Have a word!!!

4. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Admittedly it's a good film, but starting this thread 25 minutes after the film started just makes me thankful that Michael Mann was that little bit more thorough (he made it twice ;) )

5. HMF is deffo top of the News tables today: "Quentin" Davies "horrified at SAS claims" well....they wouldn't know, would they Mr Davies...?

:roll:

6. Was otherwised engaged Fugly :wink: married, see...but yep, fair point, I'll head off to the Cookhouse bins areas

7. That's news to me :roll:

8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

there's a roundup of the weeks stories on tomorrow, but I suppose by then it'll be old news. ahem.

the shootout at the drive in and the bank heist are still superb set pieces mind. if you have a surround rig then crank up the volume and enjoy.

9. That film is quality. deniro and pacino are hard as nails. gonna put it on now.

10. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I call wah on this account.

11. The Drive in shoot out annoys me, Kilmer up on a roof in elevated overwatch, lying prone with a weapon with a bipod. So when he comes to shoot what does he do? Of Course Stand up and start waving the bloody rifle around....... tit

12. During the bank raid shootout, they do expend some serious brass. OK they show a token mag change here and there but feck me, those mags must hold 70 - 80 rounds a piece!

Still a blinding film though. Has anyone seen the new Pacino/DeNiro one yet?

13. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

The Hollywood magazine holds approximatly 500 rounds
    Although automatic weapons can be continuosly cocked with the mag onwithout any rounds flying out :wink: