Hearts of Iron 3

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by yeoman, Jan 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I picked this up from Steam for £6 in Dec and have not been able to play due to it being really unstable and crashing all the time. I am used to Paradox being a bit flaky, but this is taking the p*ss.

It looks like a great game if it works.

Do any Arrsers have it and have any tips for getting it to run.

2. A patch was released last night - have you updated to that? You should be running 1.3 if you have.

3. Not as yet, I will start my home machine up tonight and see if steam will do it automatically. Failing that I will have a look on the web site.

Cheers

4. Had the same problem even with 1.3 patch. I found when opening the game with the HOI3.exe file in the game directory rather than steam it started fine.

Its still crashes when coming out a scenario and trying to load another scenario/save so I just quit to Windows and restart now.

Also a common problem is that the tutorial will not work with Patch 1.3

Stick with it though, underneath the crap software is a good game.

5. It seems a lot more stable, not sure if the steam self patch has worked or not though.

It does look bloody good. I beat Poland using the set HQ objective, it took its time, but the AI did seem to do a combined arms attack.

I am just figuring out how to move my forces across to the west.

I am sure that with another couple of reads of the manual and a bit of practice it will be as enjoyable as its earlier incarnations.